To Pray or not to Pray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Pray or not to Pray?

In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a "National Day of Prayer."

In 1988 President Reagan designated the First Thursday in May of each year as
    the National Day of Prayer.

In June 2007 (then) Presidential Candidate Barack Obama declared that the USA Was no longer a
    Christian nation.

This year President Obama canceled the 21st annual National Day of Prayer ceremony
    at the White House under the ruse of "not wanting to offend anyone"

On September 25, 2009 from 4am until 7pm, a National Day of Prayer
    for the Muslim religion was Held on Capitol Hill, beside the White House.
    There were over 50,000 Muslims that day in D.C.

It must not matter if "Christians" are offended by this event -
    We obviously don't count as "anyone" anymore.

The direction this country is headed should strike fear in the heart of every Christian,
    especially knowing that the Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be
    converted, they should be annihilated.

lets see how the libs here justify this.
    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Scary road Obama is sending the country down.

The sheep are being led to slaughter and anyone who criticizes Barack Hussien comes under fire.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Wayne, You know "certain" ones on here will try and justify what happened and try and point out something that "another" president did.

This country was founded under freedom of speech and religion. I feel that if you come in THIS COUNTRY, you should follow our laws, and that applies to the legal AND illegal imigrants here.
        If you are here illegally, you have NO RIGHTS. NONE whatsoever and NOBODY on here can justify that they should, either republican or democrat.
        And ANY rep or dem that does, shouldn't be here.

If I have to follow the law, so should everyone else.

And if the Muslims can have their "prayer day" than Obama, or ANY other president, is a piece of shit for allowing it and cancelling the Christian Day of prayer.

I really want to hear "some people" on here defend and condone this. Of course, it will be twisted by them saying that it was just a thing done by the Muslims without Obama's consent. And if they believe that, I have some nice land here in the swamps to sell them.
        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Guys, It's no joke.

This may scare you even more ........

Islam On Capitol Hill | Home Page

Comment

Check snopes. According to them, it is false.

Comment

Not sure what I'm supposed to be scared about......Some of what was posted isn't factual anyhow so there's little to justify.

KAZ
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

If you throw out enough shit, some of it will stick. That's what's sad.

Comment

Dont need the government telling me when i can pray, i do it everyday anyways.

Country is going to hell in a hand basket anyways, all great nations come to an end, America will be no different. The only true variable is time, its not if, its when will it be done.
                  Questions, comments, complaints:
                  [email protected]

Comment

I think it's okay that the Muslims had their praying day on Capitol Hill. But why the hell has Obama canceld the Christian day of prayer - I think I am not the only one that fails to understand this. Same rights for every religion, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaicanman View Post
                      Check snopes. According to them, it is false.

i had a feeling it was one of those things emailed out but didn't think wayne would post something like that. that's why i didn't make more comments about it.
                      “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

It wasn't a email husker

Comment

The original was an email. Not sure where Wayne got it from....Obama did not cancel the National Day of Prayer. And there's nothing wrong with Islamic's claiming their OWN national day of prayer on Capitol Hill. The Constitution grants people the freedom of religion. Not freedom of just Christianity.

CLAIM: In June 2007, (then) Presidential candidate Barack Obama declared that the U.S.A. was no longer a Christian nation.

STATUS: FALSE. This is based on a misquotation. One sentence in Barack Obama's prepared remarks for his keynote address at the "Call to Renewal" conference sponsored by Christian Sojourners on June 28, 2006 (not 2007) read as follows (emphasis added):

Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.

The statement has lent itself to frequent misquotation, however, because Obama misspoke when he delivered it, saying (emphasis added):

Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation — at least, not just; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.

Sources:
                          • 'Call to Renewal' Keynote Address, 28 June 2006 (as Written). BarackObama.com
                          • 'Call to Renewal' Keynote Address, 28 June 2006 (as Delivered). YouTube.com

CLAIM: This year President Obama canceled the 21st annual National Day of Prayer ceremony at the White House under the ruse of 'not wanting to offend anyone.'

STATUS: PARTLY TRUE. Though Obama issued a National Day of Prayer proclamation on May 7, 2009 per tradition, he broke with a precedent established by the Bush administration by not holding a White House ceremony on the occasion. However, neither the President, his press secretary, nor any other member of the administration characterized the decision as an effort "not to offend anyone."
                          Sources:
                          • Text of Obama's National Day of Prayer Proclamation, Beliefnet.com, 7 May 2009
                          • Obama Ends Bush-Era National Prayer Day Service at White House, LA Times blog, 7 May 2009
                          • Obama Tones Down National Day of Prayer Observance. CNN.com, 6 May 2009

CLAIM: On September 25, 2009 from 4 am until 7 pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion was held on Capitol Hill.

STATUS: TRUE. It wasn't billed as a "National Day of Prayer," however, nor was it sponsored or promoted by the U.S. government. Described by its creators as a "day of Islamic unity" and featuring Muslim prayers and readings from the Qur'an, the all-day event was called "Islam on Capital Hill." It was sponsored by a Washington, DC mosque.
                          Sources:
                          • Islam on Capitol Hill. Official Website
                          • Elizabeth Mosque Organizes National Prayer Gathering for Muslims in Washington, D.C. Newark Star-Ledger, 31 August 2009
                          • Muslims to Pray for 'Soul of America' at U.S. Capitol Event Washington Post, 5 September 2009

CLAIM: The direction this country is headed should strike fear in the heart of every Christian. Especially knowing that the Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be converted they should be annihilated.

STATUS: FALSE. It is not a tenet of the Islamic faith that Christians must either be converted or annihilated.
                          Sources:
                          • Christians in the Qur'an. About.com: Islam
                          • Do Verses of the Qur'an Condone 'Killing the Infidel'? About.com: Islam
                          • What Is Jihad? About.com: Islam
                          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
                            lets see how the libs here justify this.
                            how does one justify complete false nonsense... another quality researched post husker... keep it going...

hey did you happen to do the search on bush blaming clinton yet... lmao... guess not ... wonder why... proven wrong yet again... amazing streak for you
                            Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

"E Pluribis Unum", most Americans do not what it means although it is the very belief that this wonderful country was established on.
                              5* 0-0
                              4* 0-0
                              3* 1-0
                              2* 1-0
                              1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Working...
                              X