Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bachmann Blasts 'Redistribution Of Wealth' Escrow Fund, Says BP Shouldn't Be 'Chumps'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachmann Blasts 'Redistribution Of Wealth' Escrow Fund, Says BP Shouldn't Be 'Chumps'

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is emerging as a fierce critic of the Obama administration's proposed escrow fund to handle damage claims against BP.

The Minnesota Independent reports that Bachmann spoke Tuesday to the Heritage Foundation, and badmouthed the idea. "The president just called for creating a fund that would be administered by outsiders, which would be more of a redistribution-of-wealth fund," said Bachmann. "And now it appears like we'll be looking at one more gateway for more government control, more money to government."

Also, David Weigel reports that Bachmann also said: "They have to lift the liability cap. But if I was the head of BP, I would let the signal get out there -- 'We're not going to be chumps, and we're not going to be fleeced.' And they shouldn't be. They shouldn't have to be fleeced and make chumps to have to pay for perpetual unemployment and all the rest -- they've got to be legitimate claims."

Bachmann Blasts 'Redistribution Of Wealth' Escrow Fund, Says BP Shouldn't Be 'Chumps' | TPMDC

Maybe she would like to donate all of her assets to help BP.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
      Maybe she would like to donate all of her assets to help BP.
      Talk about an empty suit... Bachmann and palin should run together.... they both have zero grasp of any issues and are basically walking talking points... Catch phrase machines
      Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

Wonder why there has been NO mention anywhere about the watermen and their business being done in a good amount of "cash" that goes unreported and untaxed? Could that be some of that nasty "red tape" they are complaining about; like tax returns?

Comment

Doubt the govt leanred anything about giving money away for no reason like Katrina. "Hey you look wet, here's a debit card. Just buy whatever you didn't loot please!"

Comment

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
            Talk about an empty suit... Bachmann and palin should have run together with OBAMA.... they both have zero grasp of any issues and are basically walking talking points... Catch phrase machines
            I actually agree with most of this statement vitter

Comment

I live in Bachmann's district here in MN. Trust me she's anything but an empty suit. She represents our area very well.

PK
              No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                I live in Bachmann's district here in MN. Trust me she's anything but an empty suit. She represents our area very well.

PK
                She has proven herself a bafoon on natl level. Unreal foot in the mouth statements for the past 2 years

No surprise though. Most like their local elected official.
                Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
                  She has proven herself a bafoon on natl level. Unreal foot in the mouth statements for the past 2 years

No surprise though. Most like their local elected official.
                  I disagree. I believe Obama, Pelosi or Reid have had way more foot in mouth statements over the last 2 years. To each their own on political agenda. She's just fine by me...Even with her supposed foot in mouth statements.

PK

Comment

I disagree. I believe Obama, Pelosi or Reid have had way more foot in mouth statements over the last 2 years. To each their own on political agenda. She's just fine by me...Even with her supposed foot in mouth statements.

PK
                    they arent "suppossed" statements... they are her actual comments... u can lok at various websites and even youtube that actually run them all.. michelleb bachmann said what .com is an actual website of all her crazy comments

Comment

2 a : held as an opinion : believed; also : mistakenly believed : imagined

2nd definition of supposed for you there vitter. I BELIEVE that her comments were not crazy. You MISTAKENLY BELIEVE that they were. I like the stuff she says. Many times it's the off-the-cuff thing that I was personally thinking about the situation.

Michelle B. - "Remember it was Michele Obama who said she is only recently proud of her country and so these are very anti-American views," she said. "That's not the way that most Americans feel about our country. Most Americans are wild about America and they are very concerned to have a president who doesn't share those values."

Not too crazy IMO. Seems like a lot of people are starting to wonder about this president's American viewpoint.

Michelle B. - "What I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out if they are pro-America or anti-America," she said

What's wrong with asking the media to do something like this? Isnt it their job to keep the government accountable by reporting what's happening? Isnt this (wait for it) SUPPOSED to be good Americanism by asking the media to do it's appointed job. I ask it of my media every day and no outlet has yet to come close to doing what's going on justice. Right now Fox is crazy with frothing mouthed attack dogs and CNBC is shell shocked at how crazy this crap sounds when it's actually coming from the Oval office.

Dont get me wrong vitter. No politician is perfect. But Michelle Bachmann is far from what should concern your Dems right now.

PK

Comment

joe biden is the king of foot in the mouth disease, and he is VP. what does that tell you?

no mention of him though from the vitturd.
                        “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
                          joe biden is the king of foot in the mouth disease, and he is VP. what does that tell you?

no mention of him though from the vitturd.
                          everybody knows this about biden... the things he says are mostly just dumb... bachmann is factually incorrect all the time.. she has made speeches on the floor that have been full of flat out lies... also calling congress and obama unamerican.. at least the pressure made her apologize for some of her wacked out statements

Comment

PK

shocking, you like bachmann

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                              shocking, you like bachmann
                              Different strokes for different folks MM. You know that. Everyone has their own opinions on everything. You may not like mine but personally I couldnt care less. I can use multi-emoticons too

PK

Comment

Working...
                              X