Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming ... Is it really happening or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    Serious question. I'm very torn on this and every time i see a argument for one side or the other, they are both believable!

My son swears it is happening but i'm just not sure and i told him that. Every time i start to believe one way or the other, something somebody says sways me in the other direction again.

Is Global Warming Real? Yes or No??

Can't believe someone who lives where there are only four frost free months a year is worried about global warming!
    I say No.

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

The state of North Dakota says NO, but we really hope the yes people are right!!! Should be able to type :club : and have that smiley!!

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78 View Post
        If it really is happening on a significangt level, why did the "scientists"in England have to make up and corrupt their data underlying their preconceived conclusions. Just look at the real objective of Cap & Trade bill...to transfer soveriegn US wealth to "poorer" countries. This is about control and redistribution...not about environment. The Iceland volcano put more pollutants into the atmosphere than ever automobile ever driven anywhere in the world since the beginning of time. Global cooling was the issue in the 70's, global warming in the 90's, and climate change of the 00's...all championed by the same academic scientists...A means to justify their own existence...
        cap and trade is a way to factor in the negative externalities that occur. I have stated earlier that I believe in the free markets, but that the market is really not free, unless these externalities are factored into the overall cost of what it takes to produce something. To state that the goal of cap and trade is to redistribute wealth is another scare tatic that you so frequently use.
        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
          cap and trade is a way to factor in the negative externalities that occur. I have stated earlier that I believe in the free markets, but that the market is really not free, unless these externalities are factored into the overall cost of what it takes to produce something. To state that the goal of cap and trade is to redistribute wealth is another scare tatic that you so frequently use.
          For someone who presumably knows what is in C&T that is the single dumbest statment I've seen. Tell me, Granny, what do YOU think are the objectives of C&T..Please be specific...Thanks and I'll wait for your reply...

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78 View Post
            For someone who presumably knows what is in C&T that is the single dumbest statment I've seen. Tell me, Granny, what do YOU think are the objectives of C&T..Please be specific...Thanks and I'll wait for your reply...
            to me, cap and trade is a way to factor in negative externalities into the cost of production. If one company wants to continue to produce things in a way that hurts the enviroment, they'll have to pay for it now. Since they'll have to pay for it, it should make the companies seek out a more enviroment friendly method to produce whatever they are producing. There is a lot more to it, and I'll continue later with it, but that's the most simple way I can explain the positive aspect of C&T. I assure you that C&T is not a way to ship money to companies and nations overseas. The only people shipping jobs and money overseas is huge corporations that seek out cheap labor, instead of paying americans to do the job. Again, if one really believes in the free market they should believe in including externalities into the overall cost. I know it's something Milton Friedman believed in, and I know he's not a liberal.
            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X