Please Help?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help?!?!?!

I need help in proving a point to my son who turned 18 5 months ago. He received the thing in the mail for the "Draft" that he never signed up for when he turned 18. It says you can go to jail and everything if you do not sign up.

The smart ass that he is, he keeps telling me that the draft is illegal and they can't do a draft. He is filling it out but he keeps saying even if they wanted to, they couldn't have a draft so he has nothing to worry about. I said it takes a slip of a pen and the draft can happen again in a heartbeat. He says i don't know what i'm talking about. I said then why bother filling out the card? Don't bother and see what happens to you and i also said why do you think they are having you fill it out if it is illegal and can't happen??

My question is this because i really don't know much about it.

Is it illegal?

How long would it take if it is for them to pass a law to do a draft again?

Any word for word facts about this would be great and much appreciated. Thanks!

Well first off he can than that cock sucker Ronald Reagan for haveing to do this in the first place. From what I know He's not going to go to jail for not filling it out. I never filled it out and I'm a free man. + you have up to just before you turn the age of 26 to fill it out.

From what I saw, SOME states can deny you your drivers license, and it can keep you from getting some student loans. Now if they implement a draft I have no doubt that they will be looking for people who did not sign up.

Selective Service System: Welcome

Selective Service Fight

Comment

Thanks bear, i found that selective service link earlier and figured it all out. Good thing because it didn't look like anybody here had a clue about it.

Comment

The answer is very complicated. Men are still required to sign up for selected service and Congress or the president has the right to start up the draft if they deem it necessary. The draft is most definitely legal.

The Selective Service System is in place as a contingency plan if the draft is ever needed again. Men between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register for the SSS and it is a felony punishable by up to five years imprisonment or a $250,000 fine if you do not. But no one has been prosecuted for failure to comply with draft registration since 1986.

This link is pretty good at explaining it all....

Conscription in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KAZ
        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          The smart ass that he is,
          Wonder where he gets that from

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
            The answer is very complicated. Men are still required to sign up for selected service and Congress or the president has the right to start up the draft if they deem it necessary. The draft is most definitely legal.

The Selective Service System is in place as a contingency plan if the draft is ever needed again. Men between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register for the SSS and it is a felony punishable by up to five years imprisonment or a $250,000 fine if you do not. But no one has been prosecuted for failure to comply with draft registration since 1986.

This link is pretty good at explaining it all....

Conscription in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KAZ
            Don't tell my son it came from Wikipedia. He says that is not a factual site.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
              Wonder where he gets that from

Comment

Working...
              X