X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me understand how these people are elected

The Buzz Log - Concerns Over Guam Create a Stir on the Web - Yahoo! Buzz

watch this 2min clip

Help me to understand how people like you actually believe that his remark wasn't a metaphor? It was clearly meant as a metaphor to me.

If he really meant that the island would literally capsize, why then would he follow up that remark with a statement about the ecosystem being damaged if 8,000 more people were placed on the island? If he really believed it was going to capsize, there would be no reason to worry about the future of the ecosystem and what those extra people would possibly do to it..

It wasn't the best metaphor maybe, but his analogy is that the tiny island can't possibly sustain any more people on it.

You're obviously looking for an excuse to dislike him or dislike a Democrat.I suggest not being so gullible.

KAZ
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

i don't give a rats ass if his remark was a metaphor. My problem is your talking to a commander of the united states pacific fleet, it's not he's talking to a 10 year old kid. Clearly your standing up for your (D) party, and i couldn't care less who it was, my point is that if it was a joke, why did he have to say anything at all, isn't that disrespectful to robert willard?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76 View Post
        i don't give a rats ass if his remark was a metaphor. My problem is your talking to a commander of the united states pacific fleet, it's not he's talking to a 10 year old kid. Clearly your standing up for your (D) party, and i couldn't care less who it was, my point is that if it was a joke, why did he have to say anything at all, isn't that disrespectful to robert willard?
        Don't even try to reason with them 76

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76 View Post
          You completely misunderstood his remark. Since when is a metaphor a joke? He didn't say it with a smirk or smile. He meant exactly what he saying. If you add 8,000 to an island as small as that island, which is exactly why he was asking Willard the dimensions of it before he made that comment, that it would turn it upside down. Population and ecologically wise. You're reading much more into it than there was. If you don't want an opinion, don't title the GD thread, "please help me understand how." You clearly want to believe only YOUR opinion.
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

I'm not even going to try to explain what was said by the congressman... But how can some people what Ms. "I can see Russia from my house" Sara Palin for vice president...

Comment

Working...
            X