Idiotic quote of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiotic quote of the day

Curious about the board's reaction to Queen Nancy saying yesterday (and I quote):

"We have to pass this (Healthcare) bill so we'll know what's in it" March 9, 2010. All time Progressive platitude HOF nominee.

Those of you on the Prpgressive side of things....is this reasonable for the Speaker of the House to say? I can direct you to the clip in caser you haven't seen it or don't beleive it.

And all the Dems want to pile on Palin who is not an elected official.

Pelosi is a dingbat that is 3rd in line to be President.

Real smart idea, lets pass a bill affecting 1/6th of the economy and then read it later.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

Bush helped blow up the WTC and his book was upside down! And Palin has to write on her hand and Rush is a pill popper!!!

Comment

what we need is all the people that dont like it here to leave so there will be more jobs for the ones that want to be here

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78 View Post
          Curious about the board's reaction to Queen Nancy saying yesterday (and I quote):

"We have to pass this (Healthcare) bill so we'll know what's in it" March 9, 2010. All time Progressive platitude HOF nominee.

Those of you on the Prpgressive side of things....is this reasonable for the Speaker of the House to say? I can direct you to the clip in caser you haven't seen it or don't beleive it.
          Like I figured you, or the email you got, or the idiots who re-posted this somewhere, got the quote wrong.

She said...."“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." (Speaking to 2010 Legislative Conference attendees.)

Seems reasonable to me. I love how gullible people can be.
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
            Like I figured you, or the email you got, or the idiots who re-posted this somewhere, got the quote wrong.

She said...."“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." (Speaking to 2010 Legislative Conference attendees.)

Seems reasonable to me. I love how gullible people can be.
            Do you really think any of these people know everything in this bill? IMO, doubtful. And it seems like it would be the pols job to explain it properly, but if that don't even know how it will lower rates, why the taxes and cuts are in the first 4 years with no coverage, and how states will pay for the millions being placed on Medicaid after the fed money runs dry, then there certainly is going to be fog. People are scared and no one has convinced them how they will be positively affected imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaicanman View Post
              Bush helped blow up the WTC and his book was upside down! And Palin has to write on her hand and Rush is a pill popper!!!
              well said

Comment

Do you really think any of these people know everything in this bill? IMO, doubtful. And it seems like it would be the pols job to explain it properly, but if that don't even know how it will lower rates, why the taxes and cuts are in the first 4 years with no coverage, and how states will pay for the millions being placed on Medicaid after the fed money runs dry, then there certainly is going to be fog. People are scared and no one has convinced them how they will be positively affected imo.
                Some of what you say might be correct and time will tell how it plays out, but the quote was wrong and was a misrepresentation of what she said. That's the point.

This is the kind of crap that social networking and the internet has created and it's bogus. The hysteria and fear has become epic recently, more so of this administration than any other in history.

People have no idea what to believe anymore.

That one word being changed in what she said made her look like an idiot and everyone in here was quick to point it out and agree, and yet it was completely wrong.

I think they know more about the Bill than you give them credit for. JMO.
                [email protected]

Comment

I think they know more about the Bill than you give them credit for. JMO.
                  Them being pols or public?

Comment

Them being pols or public?
                    Politician's...

I don't think the public is very well informed, but we vote politician's in to vote in our best interests. We obviously know that doesn't always work. Like the pos anti gambling attachment to the port security bill.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Politician's...

I don't think the public is very well informed, but we vote politician's in to vote in our best interests. We obviously know that doesn't always work. Like the pos anti gambling attachment to the port security bill.
                      I agree about the slipping in of BS unrelated bills or pork. But I disagree that pols are elected to vote in our best interests but are elected to execute the will of the people they represent. Now I know the counter to that is that if the majority is for slavery, then they would vote in favor of. Or against civil rights, etc. But I just think that pols are elected by the people, for the people, and unfortunately have just gone down their own pathes for their own (money) reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78 View Post

"We have to pass this (Healthcare) bill so we'll know what's in it"
                        Very stupid remark

Comment

Working...
                        X