Is Joseph Stack terrorist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Joseph Stack terrorist?

Should the guy that crashed his plane into the building in Austin, Texas be considered a terrorist? The man, identified by federal law enforcement officials as Joseph Stack, 53, was a software engineer who had a long-running grudge with the Internal Revenue Service, whom he referred to in the screed as "thugs and plunderers." I was thinking about this last night, and was wondering how outraged we as Americans would be if the guys name was Mohammed Stack. I have no doubt that the media would be labeling him as a terrorist if he had a name that was similar to a Muslim name. I'm not trying to stir things up, but just throwing this idea out there, so we can think about it. What do you all think?
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

I don't think he should be labeled a "terrorist." I think he was mentally disturbed. His intent wasn't the American people but rather a bitch with the IRS. I know the IRS is a government entity, but its not the same.

Just like that deranged woman who shot people in the college in Alabama. She isn't a "terrorist" but rather a mentally deranged person.

I'm not saying that terrorists aren't "mentally disturbed," but they have a different reason for what they do.

Just not the same in my opinion.
    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

I agree with you, but I think that if his name was Mohammed then people would be calling him a terrorist.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
        I agree with you, but I think that if his name was Mohammed then people would be calling him a terrorist.

Maybe not. This guy, call him Mohammed or whatever, left a note telling people who he was pissed at. He burned his house, left a note, etc.

Now if someone named Mohammed just crashed a plane into the building with no expanation as to why he did it, I agree, he would probably be called a terrorist.
        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
          I don't think he should be labeled a "terrorist." I think he was mentally disturbed. His intent wasn't the American people but rather a bitch with the IRS. I know the IRS is a government entity, but its not the same.

Just like that deranged woman who shot people in the college in Alabama. She isn't a "terrorist" but rather a mentally deranged person.

I'm not saying that terrorists aren't "mentally disturbed," but they have a different reason for what they do.

Just not the same in my opinion.

I agree Dave.

Good question GM,

I have said this before but I feel like the next revolution in the USA will be against the power of the IRS and the overtaxation of Americans. There are so many hidden taxes that everybody (rich or poor) gets dinged but all everyone talks about income tax.

If he were a Muslim, I doubt he would have a beef with the IRS, maybe the INS

I think the outright targeting of innocent people is the issue. This guy was against the system and wanted to commit suicide.

Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist because he knew innocents were going to be killed and he did not want to take his own life.
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
            I agree Dave.

Good question GM,

I have said this before but I feel like the next revolution in the USA will be against the power of the IRS and the overtaxation of Americans. There are so many hidden taxes that everybody (rich or poor) gets dinged but all everyone talks about income tax.

If he were a Muslim, I doubt he would have a beef with the IRS, maybe the INS

I think the outright targeting of innocent people is the issue. This guy was against the system and wanted to commit suicide.

Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist because he knew innocents were going to be killed and he did not want to take his own life.
            I hope there are 99 rookie male IRS agents waiting for him in his new world

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
              Should the guy that crashed his plane into the building in Austin, Texas be considered a terrorist? The man, identified by federal law enforcement officials as Joseph Stack, 53, was a software engineer who had a long-running grudge with the Internal Revenue Service, whom he referred to in the screed as "thugs and plunderers." I was thinking about this last night, and was wondering how outraged we as Americans would be if the guys name was Mohammed Stack. I have no doubt that the media would be labeling him as a terrorist if he had a name that was similar to a Muslim name. I'm not trying to stir things up, but just throwing this idea out there, so we can think about it. What do you all think?

Your kidding right? Do you honestly believe some people would not call this dude a terrorist if his name wasnt my neighbors name(muhammad gihad)? and had just crashed that plane into a government building. No information had got out on that freak in texas and people had started the anti muslim bullshit.

Cmon gma

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                Your kidding right? Do you honestly believe some people would not call this dude a terrorist if his name wasnt my neighbors name(muhammad gihad)? and had just crashed that plane into a government building. No information had got out on that freak in texas and people had started the anti muslim bullshit.

Cmon gma
                if you read what I wrote, I clearly think everyone would be calling this guy a terrorist if his name was Mohammed. I don't care if he left a note, or if he was crazy, etc. If his name was Mohammed, everyone would be calling this guy a terrorist. But, is name was Joseph, so he was just a little crazy. Just because one is from the U.S. doesn't mean they cannot be labled a terrorist. Tim McVey (Ok City Bomber) was one of the biggest terrorist ever.

Comment

LOL no doubt this guy is a terrorist.

He isn't Muslim so he doesn't fit the profile so he gets a free pass from the terrorist label.

How about that joker in Seattle who went around shooting police men....he was also a terrorist who didnt get labeled.

Ive said this many times to many people that all sorts of people are idiots. Regardless of sex, religion or color....every group is littered with idiots.

Its just cool to diss on idiot Muslims and call them terrorists these days because thats where our govt. has devoted their attention in modern times.

Just as it was cool to diss on Commies back in the 50's through the 80's and call nyone with a different opinion a Communist sympathiser.

Now anyone who says anything good about Muslim people is branded a terrorist sympathiser.

I have no problem with an informed person making a relevant arguement with merit but most people these days make frivelous & meritless claims just because its sounds cool with being informed of the other side's POV.

In the end this Joseph Stack is another idiot with some motive of revenge who felt he had no other option but to do what he did.....basically what terrorists resort to.

By the way ask a so called terrorist who the real terrorist is and they will tell you the people they are intending to harm...its a pretty retarded cycle. And most if not all terrorists are in some provoked.

PEACE
                  Last edited by MtrCtyPimp; 02-22-2010, 03:45 AM.

Comment

my thoughts would be that initially, absolutely people would be thinking this was a terrorist attack if his name was Muhammed or something like that. However, once the news is put out about his manifesto and the reasoning he did it. His beef was clearly an IRS issue, he wasn't doing it in the name of allah.

Comment

Working...
                    X