Wisconsin Billboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Billboard

Somebody in Wisconsin doesn't like President Barack Obama all that much.

An unnamed company has paid for a billboard along Highway 41 in Oshkosh that reads, "Impeach Obama."

The tagline says: "America's small businesses are failing; help us spread the message."

It was paid for by an unnamed company represented by Tom Wroblewski who told the AP the sentiment is that Washington politics are bad for small businesses.

Somebody in Wisconsin doesn't like President Barack Obama all that much.

An unnamed company has paid for a billboard along Highway 41 in Oshkosh that reads, "Impeach Obama."

The tagline says: "America's small businesses are failing; help us spread the message."

It was paid for by an unnamed company represented by Tom Wroblewski who told the AP the sentiment is that Washington politics are bad for small businesses.

The billboard is scheduled to remain up for at least six months, at a cost of $1,000 per month.

81% of the locals are thrilled about this Billboard ... 81% ...

If I lived in Wisconsin it would be higher ....

That's hilarious. They can afford the $1000 a month for billboard. Must be rough out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
      That's hilarious. They can afford the $1000 a month for billboard. Must be rough out there.

Hey BIG ... Don't fool yourself ...

Trust me, it is tough out here for the small business ...

At Least call it what it is ...
      Last edited by Spark; 02-17-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Attorney Thomas J. Wroblewski said he and his father, Thomas S. Wroblewski, merely are the registered agents for an unnamed company that rented the billboard and are not responsible for its message.

"It is nothing personal for my dad or me," Wroblewski said. "It is a limited liability company that our firm represents. The company chose the location of the billboard and chose the language."

The billboard along U.S. 41 near the Oshkosh Correctional Institution reads "Impeach Obama." The tagline says, "America's small businesses are failing. Help us spread the message."

The sign appeared Thursday and will remain in place for at least six months, at a cost of $1,000 per month. Its message quickly generated national media attention and ignited a firestorm of debate online, often along political lines.

A Google search for "impeach Obama billboard" generated 346,000 results Tuesday afternoon.

Wroblewski said he received angry telephone calls at his office Monday. He said the rage directed at him and his father is misplaced.

"We represent a group of small-business owners," he said. "We organized the company and solicited the contract on their behalf."

Wroblewski said he could not divulge any details about the business owners.

"My instructions from my clients are not to disclose their identity," he said.

Thomas S. Wroblewski wrote in an e-mail Saturday to The Associated Press that the billboard is supported "by a number of area businessmen who are concerned about tax and spend politics."

He said the billboard, despite its language, is not meant to allege that Obama committed any particular impeachable offense.

"It is simply an expression of frustration by my client that politics in Washington should change to better support small businesses," he said.

Jones Signs, which owns the billboard, sent a statement Monday afternoon to media outlets saying neither the company nor the Wroblewskis "necessarily agrees with the views represented on this billboard."

Comment

this crap happened all the time when Bush was in office......Now the tables have turned and the LIBS are up in arms, calling race, and biased opinion, and demand that this be taken down...................The daily point is proven again on how libs screw up the country
          jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            Once the company who paid for it gives out there name, it might turn out to be a pretty good investment.Try thinking outside the box sometimes BW.

Comment

libs have ZERO common sense..................they believe the propaganda and things they see on tv

Comment

YouTube - HUGE Impeach Obama Billboard - OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - America's Small Businesses are FAILING!

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                  Hey BIG ... Don't fool yourself ...

Trust me, it is tough out here for the small business ...

At Least call it what it is ...
                  It's tough on most people and companies, but the previous administration is the ones that left this big shit pile. Bush and cronies gave tax cuts to the richest rich which in return lead to this downfall. It's very easy go look at any chart when a republican president was in office and you will deficit going up, gov't spending going up, unemployment going up and tax cuts for the rich going down.

Comment

Working...
                  X