Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah and Bristol Palin Slam 'Heartless' FOX Sitcom

By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 16th 2010 11:55AM

So this is awkward. 'Family Guy' lampooned Sarah Palin's son Trig's Down syndrome during Sunday night's episode. Problem: The cartoon and the former vice presidential nominee both call FOX home.

In the episode, Peter Griffin's teenage son Chris takes Emily, a girl with Down syndrome, on a dinner date. Their interaction is brief, but Emily slips in a blatant Palin reference when asked what her parents do: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."

As she is wont to do, Palin took to her Facebook page to respond in a post titled "Fox Hollywood - What a Disappointment." The governor-turned-FOX News star actually turned the reins over to her daughter, Bristol, for the majority of the reaction missive. Bristol called 'Family Guy's' Seth MacFarlane and co. "heartless jerks" in a blistering paragraph:

"Insults directed at [my] youngest brother hurt too much for us to remain silent. People with special needs face challenges that many of us will never confront, and yet they are some of the kindest and most loving people you'll ever meet. As a culture shouldn't we be willing to say that some things just are not funny? If the writers of a particularly pathetic cartoon show thought they were being clever in mocking my brother and my family yesterday, they failed."
    Sarah Palin called the 'Family Guy' jab "another kick in the gut" (without acknowledging who precisely delivered the previous kick or kicks), adding that Bristol's remarks constitute "a much more restrained and gracious statement than I want to make." More than 7,500 Facebook fans have "liked" the post. The video in question below:

Sarah and Bristol Palin Slam 'Heartless' FOX Sitcom | PopEater.com

Family Guy is hilarious. Palin has to understand that when you put yourself out there, you are bound to get this kind of stuff.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
      family guy is hilarious. Palin has to understand that when you put yourself out there, you are bound to get this kind of stuff.
      well the left has foumd a way to iritate her and they are doing just that.i guess you have to be careful what you say about rutgers womens hoops players but children with a disease is ok.i like the show also but think it was wrong.
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
        well the left has foumd a way to iritate her and they are doing just that.i guess you have to be careful what you say about rutgers womens hoops players but children with a disease is ok.i like the show also but think it was wrong.

I agree its low class and wrong but in this day and age, it is expected almost. This is the kind of stuff that keeps good people from running for office. Who the hell wants it.
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Hey it s her boss' tv station thats laffing at her stupid red kneck ass family .stop crying you back water hick . I hope the dumb ass republican's run her for prez. She'll drop quicker then a fat blind roofer

Comment

Originally posted by BOBBY5ACES View Post
            Hey it s her boss' tv station thats laffing at her stupid red kneck ass family .stop crying you back water hick . I hope the dumb ass republican's run her for prez. She'll drop quicker then a fat blind roofer
            Hey Bobby sorry your snowed in and missed kindergarten today.They went over the spelling of words "Laughing" and "Redneck". Be sure to get your make-up work tomorrow to help you catch up.

Comment

You did spell stupid and dumb right though.I find that ironic

Comment

Throw a fat man who can see off a roof at the same time you throw a fat blind man off and I bet they hit bottom at the same time

Comment

In addition to the ridiculous spelling, the punctuation needs some help as well. Missing periods, improper spacing, not capitalizing the first word after a sentence, improper use of apostrophe. Yep, Palin is the stupid one.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                    Yep, Palin is the stupid one.

I'm laughing so hard I need someone to call a "amber lamps" for me

Comment

You must make the Democrat party proud.
                      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                        They foumd a way to iritate????what is this?

Fox owns the show. Guess fox now is the left

Nice post.

Comment

maybe bobby is really joe biden.
                          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                            They foumd a way to iritate????what is this?

Fox owns the show. Guess fox now is the left

Nice post.

i am sure every writer actor of every sitcom on fox is not all of the same political party
                            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
                              maybe bobby is really joe biden.

Nah, Bobby is too smart to be Biden.