Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This chart is clear: While there is a long way to go, we're heading in the right dire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This chart is clear: While there is a long way to go, we're heading in the right dire

One year in, the evidence is clear – and growing by the day – that the Recovery Act is working to cushion the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression and lay a new foundation for economic growth.

According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, the Recovery Act is already responsible for as many as 2.4 million jobs through the end of 2009
    As a result, job losses are a fraction of what they were a year ago, before the Recovery Act began
    The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act:

Cut taxes for 95 percent of working families through the Making Work Pay tax credit
    Cut taxes for small businesses
    Provided loans to over 42,000 small businesses
    Funded over 12,500 transportation construction projects nationwide, ranging from highway construction to airport improvement projects
    Made multi-billion dollar investments in innovation, science and technology that are laying the foundation for our 21st century economy
    Provided critical relief for state governments facing record budget shortfalls, including help to prevent cuts to Medicaid and creating or saving over 300,000 education jobs
    Economists on the left and the right have stated that the Recovery Act has helped avert an even worse economic disaster.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Road to Recovery

Keep drinking the kool-aid and ask regular Americans how well they are doing.

"created or saved jobs" no one can accurately measure that bs term.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

Yea tell him Flare. We want tax cuts, not tax breaks. Oh wait that's basically the same thing. We just want Obama to fail, who cares what else.

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
        Keep drinking the kool-aid and ask regular Americans how well they are doing.

"created or saved jobs" no one can accurately measure that bs term.

C&P from obama's web site.

every now and then monte posts something that isn't completely partisan from a left wing site. those must be the times he has run out of that kool-aid.

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

I hope to God it is turning around but I'm not believing it. 2.9 million Americans LOST there jobs between Feb-Dec.This "stimulus package" was supposed to CREATE 3.5 million jobs during that time.

I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed but I can add.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
            I hope to God it is turning around but I'm not believing it. 2.9 million Americans LOST there jobs between Feb-Dec.This "stimulus package" was supposed to CREATE 3.5 million jobs during that time.

I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed but I can add.
            Vols, you are so stupid that you didn't even know that "save" and "create" have the exact same definition? Without the stimulus we would have lost 6.4 million jobs during that same time period.

Comment

Working...
            X