bill maher on sarah palin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
    Maher is actually a libertarian. he's one of the only ones that have blasted Obama thus far. He called him out 3 months ago, and hasn't stopped. So please, don't call him a liberal hack just because he blast pub policies.
    Thanks, but with all due respect you actually don't know what you are talking about. I'm a Libertarian, and you couldn't me more wrong on Maher. Yes, he supported Bob Dole, but that was strictly b/c Dole was a war hero. Let's not forget that you are talking about 1996, when he considered himself a libertarian. He has done a 180, and outside of his support for privatizing Social Security and ending the war on drugs, he has very little in common with Libertarians.

Maher supports high progressive taxation, income redistribution, racial preferences, government funding of abortion, tough gun control, and the outlawing of home schooling.....the complete opposite of Libertarian views.

He supported Nader in 2000, Kerry in 2004, and Obama in 2008. Libertarian. I could have just as easily rested my entire argument on how wrong you are with that last sentence. There isn't a true (informed) Libertarian out there that voted for those guys.

As far as blasting Obama, he blasted Obama for not being liberal enough. He is constantly on the Democratic party for moving too far to the right. He says Democrats are the center right party and Republicans are are just a club for angry white people(racists) and Jesus freaks.

Sorry, but you need to get your facts straight before you go telling someone else to get their facts straight....it makes you look kinda foolish.
    Last edited by harold_bush; 02-16-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
      Thanks, but with all due respect you actually don't know what you are talking about. I'm a Libertarian, and you couldn't me more wrong on Maher. Yes, he supported Bob Dole, but that was strictly b/c Dole was a war hero. Let's not forget that you are talking about 1996, when he considered himself a libertarian. He has done a 180, and outside of his support for privatizing Social Security and ending the war on drugs, he has very little in common with Libertarians.

Maher supports high progressive taxation, income redistribution, racial preferences, government funding of abortion, tough gun control, and the outlawing of home schooling.....the complete opposite of Libertarian views.

He supported Nader in 2000, Kerry in 2004, and Obama in 2008. Libertarian. I could have just as easily rested my entire argument on how wrong you are with that last sentence. There isn't a true (informed) Libertarian out there that voted for those guys.

As far as blasting Obama, he blasted Obama for not being liberal enough. He is constantly on the Democratic party for moving too far to the right. He says Democrats are the center right party and Republicans are are just a club for angry white people(racists) and Jesus freaks.

Sorry, but you need to get your facts straight before you go telling someone else to get their facts straight....it makes you look kinda foolish.
      you're right, I was wrong, I'm man enough to admit it.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Democrats are the center right party.

I do agree with him on in regards to the democrats.
        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

I would like to state that there hasn't been a viable Libertarian candidate out there in a long time. He did support Ron Paul even though he knew he didn't have a chance. Furthermore, he supported Edwards before he supported Obama. Essentially, when it got down to the final two candidates he did side with: Nader, Kerry, and Obama. But it was them or: Bush/Gore, Bush, or McCain- I think he made the right choices in all three races. Before McCain sold out to the hard right, he was a big supporter of John. I for one, do not believe in a lot of the Libertarian views.

Comment

you're right, I was wrong, I'm man enough to admit it.
            Not that you probably care, but you just gained a lot of my respect. Takes a big man to admit they are wrong. We disagree on things politically it seems, but there are several others on the left side in here that wouldn't do what you just did in a million years.

Comment

Democrats are the center right party.

I do agree with him on in regards to the democrats.
              speaking of disagreeing

Do you really think the people that control the democratic party....Obama, Reid, Pelosi are the center right of our country?

Comment

I would like to state that there hasn't been a viable Libertarian candidate out there in a long time. He did support Ron Paul even though he knew he didn't have a chance. Furthermore, he supported Edwards before he supported Obama. Essentially, when it got down to the final two candidates he did side with: Nader, Kerry, and Obama. But it was them or: Bush/Gore, Bush, or McCain- I think he made the right choices in all three races. Before McCain sold out to the hard right, he was a big supporter of John. I for one, do not believe in a lot of the Libertarian views.
                It is the problem with the two party system. It is going to take something extremely radical (even more than our current administration) for a third party candidate to do anything more than just impact an election. There is going to have to be a lot of anger on both sides before people will stop being afraid of wasting their vote. I'd admit I'm guilty of it. I was not a big McCain fan at all, but I would have voted for him over a viable Libertarian candidate b/c I hate what Obama stands for enough to not "waste" my vote on a Libertarian candidate that had no shot of winning, knowing that would give Obama a better chance to win.

Comment

Not that you probably care, but you just gained a lot of my respect. Takes a big man to admit they are wrong. We disagree on things politically it seems, but there are several others on the left side in here that wouldn't do what you just did in a million years.

Harold, you are right about Grandmama, he is a straight shooter and even though he is left of center we agree on a lot of things. We have put our differences aside and can communicate like civilized people unlike some on here.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                    Harold, you are right about Grandmama, he is a straight shooter and even though he is left of center we agree on a lot of things. We have put our differences aside and can communicate like civilized people unlike some on here.
                    i love me some Gma!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    and MM tooo
                    jordanrules..................

Comment

i completely agree!
                      “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
                        i completely agree!
                        Me too .....

Comment

It is the problem with the two party system. It is going to take something extremely radical (even more than our current administration) for a third party candidate to do anything more than just impact an election. There is going to have to be a lot of anger on both sides before people will stop being afraid of wasting their vote. I'd admit I'm guilty of it. I was not a big McCain fan at all, but I would have voted for him over a viable Libertarian candidate b/c I hate what Obama stands for enough to not "waste" my vote on a Libertarian candidate that had no shot of winning, knowing that would give Obama a better chance to win.

it would take a very charismatic person with name recognition to accomplish this. the country is so mad at both parties that if the right candidate could be found, they just might be able to pull it off. they would have to start early to build enough support so people think they have a chance. then things could get really interesting!
                          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Ron Paul is one republican that I could see myself voting for that is unless he just talks a lot of shit like 99.99% of politicians.

Comment

thanks Harold. It does mean something to me. lets keep this up.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                                Ron Paul is one republican that I could see myself voting for that is unless he just talks a lot of shit like 99.99% of politicians.
                                In the lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X