Middle Class tax increases on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Class tax increases on the way

Well, actually it won't be a "tax increase" but letting the Bush tax cuts expire. Call it what you want, the bottom line is that we will be paying more in taxes and have less to spend in the near future if Obama has his way.

Backdoor taxes to hit middle class - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by harold_bush; 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM.

I knew the day would come when we'd have to pay back for this ridiculous war. Iraqi Freedom!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
      I knew the day would come when we'd have to pay back for this ridiculous war. Iraqi Freedom!!
      From what I understand all these wars are about establishing bases in these countries for future wars.

Our country is intent on getting involved in other peoples business while our own is stuck in the mud.

War and defense spending never gets a mention around here but thats what drains our budget.

Other countries dont have a small fraction of what we spend on defense and hence are able to provide more govt. services.

It is the way it is and the outlook looks the same for the future as well. Both parties are guilty to tell you the truth.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post

War and defense spending never gets a mention around here but thats what drains our budget.

PEACE

No mention of entitlements either.
        Just as draining.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
          Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
          From what I understand all these wars are about establishing bases in these countries for future wars.

Our country is intent on getting involved in other peoples business while our own is stuck in the mud.

Other countries dont have a small fraction of what we spend on defense and hence are able to provide more govt. services.

It is the way it is and the outlook looks the same for the future as well. Both parties are guilty to tell you the truth.

PEACE

the department of defense budget is 18.74% of the 2010 budget.
          social security 19.63
          unemployment, welfare, and other mandatory spending 16.13
          medicare 12.79
          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Working...
          X