Christ is The Reason for the Christmas Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
    At judgment day I hope God lets me watch Bill Maher burn in hell his first night.I hate that SOB

You dont like Bill Maher? I love that guy!

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
      The PC Police would love to get rid of the Ten Commandments too.

Maybe have us study the Koran.
      I think you would be shocked and how similar religions really are when looking at Christianity/Judaism/Islam.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
        I think you would be shocked and how similar religions really are when looking at Christianity/Judaism/Islam.

PEACE

Course there are similarities. But in the war on terror, radical Islams are responsible for 9-11 and many other heinious acts against civilized people. It is called Jihad, maybe you have heard of it?
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Course there are similarities. But in the war on terror, radical Islams are responsible for 9-11 and many other heinious acts against civilized people. It is called Jihad, maybe you have heard of it?
          I have heard of it and I dont think it really applies in this situation. Personally I think there is nothing Islamic about Al Qaeda and their use of religion is misguided in their attempt to recruit poor inner city youth in sort of the same manner our military does here.

I personally dont buy into these claims that both sides make. In my opinion Al Qaeda is defending Islam as much as the United States is fighting for democaracy in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think there are ulterior motives on both sides but in order to promote some kind of a war the enemy needs to have their image built up publicly.

PEACE

Comment

true, but christians do have all the Crusade and the spanish inquisitions to name a few. It is true that Christ was not born on the 25th. The holiday is really a modern tradtion. In the early Roman period(3rd cent). The Romans celebrated Dec 25th because of their Sun God: Mithras. Furhter, they celebrated the date because of the Winter Solis, which started around the 21st , and they had a huge feast on the 25th.
            Last edited by grandmama; 11-13-2009, 12:39 AM.
            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
              I have heard of it and I dont think it really applies in this situation. Personally I think there is nothing Islamic about Al Qaeda and their use of religion is misguided in their attempt to recruit poor inner city youth in sort of the same manner our military does here.

I personally dont buy into these claims that both sides make. In my opinion Al Qaeda is defending Islam as much as the United States is fighting for democaracy in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think there are ulterior motives on both sides but in order to promote some kind of a war the enemy needs to have their image built up publicly.

PEACE

Our military is not just full of inner city youth, what, you must agree with idiot John Kerry who said to students at some graduation: "study hard because if you dont you might end up in Iraq" I find your stereotype of our military disgusting.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

Our military is not just full of inner city youth, what, you must agree with idiot John Kerry who said to students at some graduation: "study hard because if you dont you might end up in Iraq" I find your stereotype of our military disgusting.
                dude why does everything have to be a stereotype to you?he said that the military trys to support poor inner city youth: which is true. Granted, everyone in the military is not poor, or from the inner city. But do you think that there are a ton of millionares in the military. Most are poor, and do not have many options. Not a negative statement, just the truth.
                "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                  dude why does everything have to be a stereotype to you?he said that the military trys to support poor inner city youth: which is true. Granted, everyone in the military is not poor, or from the inner city. But do you think that there are a ton of millionares in the military. Most are poor, and do not have many options. Not a negative statement, just the truth.

Our Military is ALL volunteer. I doubt that was or is the case in the Iran and Afhganistan military's.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Our Military is ALL volunteer. I doubt that was or is the case in the Iran and Afhganistan military's.
                    It is volunteer, but the most people that sign up do not have a lot of options. Therefore, most of the people in our military are poor, no matter the color.

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                      It is volunteer, but the most people that sign up do not have a lot of options. Therefore, most of the people in our military are poor, no matter the color.

Rich or poor, we are all on the same team. I am 100 percent behind our guys.

Too many on the left despise the military and portray us as the bad guys. ie: calling this Bush's illegal War (MM says it all the time). This type of misguided rhetoric just gives the enemy more ammo to use in their recruiting and desire to destroy us.
                      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post
                        Really? Christmas seemed to me like a pretty prominent theme in Spark's post...PC was also a theme, but apparently if anyone responds to any theme than that which you believe to be important then it is incorrect? Pardon the hell out of me but is this not a 'rants' forum. I guess I need to get me an appropriate picture of Rush Limbaugh or Ronnie Reagan or Newt Gingrich so I'll have something to jack off to in this circle jerk that is the 'rants, politics, and religion' forum.

Comment

Too many on the left despise the military and portray us as the bad guys. ie: calling this Bush's illegal War (MM says it all the time). This type of misguided rhetoric just gives the enemy more ammo to use in their recruiting and desire to destroy us.
                          What a crock! Nice generalization there Flare.....Can you be any more hypocritical? In one breath, you say the Liberals in Congress voted for the war with Iraq. Then in the next breath you say many on the left despise the military.

KAZ
                          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Kaz,

Your draft dodger in chief, Bill Clinton, in his letter to the draft board "I loathe the Military" quote speaks volumes. I think many on the left agreed with him then and now.

Not hypocritical at all, you see Libs are behind the Military when it is politically popular. Soon as the chips are down, they want to turn tail and run. Now who are the real hypocrites?
                            NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                              What a crock! Nice generalization there Flare.....Can you be any more hypocritical? In one breath, you say the Liberals in Congress voted for the war with Iraq. Then in the next breath you say many on the left despise the military.

KAZ
                              liberals voting for the war and liberals despising our military aren't mutually exclusive statements. There is nothing hypocritical about those statements.

Comment

I often wonder if it is even worth responding to you. You're one of those people that 'hear what they want to hear.' I NEVER said anything about not supporting the military. All I said was that the majority of the kids in there a poor. WHICH IS A FACT. You see, I know this because I have 6 family members still in the military now. So please don't say I don't support the military. you have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X