Thank you MR. PRESIDENT!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you MR. PRESIDENT!!!!!!!

First of all, I would like to thank a few people for the yankees winning the world series...

1. The President! Yanks can't win when a republican is in office!

2. KBSooner- I would like to thank him for not changing his avatar. Everytime he puts up a team, it curses the hell out of them!

WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!! WOOOHOOOOO

THE CURSE IS REVERSED!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

I fucking avoid you and your stupid fucking threads 99% of the time yet you continue to throw insults shit my way constantly. When will the Mods step up and ban this clown?

Comment

This thread title should read: "Thank you for no salary cap" as to why the Yanks have won so many World Series and baseball is a joke without one!
          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
            This thread title should read: "Thank you for no salary cap" as to why the Yanks have won so many World Series and baseball is a joke without one!
            First, I'll preface my post by stating I'm not a Yankees fan. I'm a Mets fan. I did root for the Yankees in this post season. Normally I root against them. My distaste for the Phillies exceeds my dislike of the Yankees.

There's no arguing the Yanks did 'buy' this WS. In reality it's the first WS they bought. Maybe one can argue the Yanks bought their titles in the late 70s when they signed Reggie Jackson. But he was one player. I don't recall the rest of their roster.

The Yankees did not win 27 WS because there was no salary cap. No salary cap hasn't helped the Yankees win for the last 9 years. They won all those titles in the late 90s mostly from their home grown talent and not as a result of 'buying' the WS.

Girardi, Jeter, Bernie Williams, Paul O'Neil, Tino Martinez, Gerald Williams, Andy Fox, Andy Pettitte, John Wetteland, and Mariano Rivera were the nucleus of those teams. They were all draft picks, amateur signings or came via trades. Pettitte won 21 games at 24 years of age. He was drafted by the Yanks. Jeter, drafted was 22. Rivera was 26 amateur signing. Bernie Williams was 27. Posada became a regular in 1997. He was a Yanks draftee. He was 26.

Comment

MLB franchise owners are rooting for the Yankees to buy a 27th Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                I fucking avoid you and your stupid fucking threads 99% of the time yet you continue to throw insults shit my way constantly. When will the Mods step up and ban this clown?
                KB, can you change your avatar to the Chargers. lol

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                  First, I'll preface my post by stating I'm not a Yankees fan. I'm a Mets fan. I did root for the Yankees in this post season. Normally I root against them. My distaste for the Phillies exceeds my dislike of the Yankees.

There's no arguing the Yanks did 'buy' this WS. In reality it's the first WS they bought. Maybe one can argue the Yanks bought their titles in the late 70s when they signed Reggie Jackson. But he was one player. I don't recall the rest of their roster.

The Yankees did not win 27 WS because there was no salary cap. No salary cap hasn't helped the Yankees win for the last 9 years. They won all those titles in the late 90s mostly from their home grown talent and not as a result of 'buying' the WS.

Girardi, Jeter, Bernie Williams, Paul O'Neil, Tino Martinez, Gerald Williams, Andy Fox, Andy Pettitte, John Wetteland, and Mariano Rivera were the nucleus of those teams. They were all draft picks, amateur signings or came via trades. Pettitte won 21 games at 24 years of age. He was drafted by the Yanks. Jeter, drafted was 22. Rivera was 26 amateur signing. Bernie Williams was 27. Posada became a regular in 1997. He was a Yanks draftee. He was 26.
                  Minus Gerald Williams and Andy Fox, I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by MrReporter View Post
                    Minus Gerald Williams and Andy Fox, I agree!
                    It was 13 years ago. I was looking at the roster spots. Gerald Williams played in 99 games with 233 at bats. The Yanks other left fielder was Tim Raines whom they acquired via trade.

Fox played in 113 games with 189 at bats.

I omitted Jim Leyritz. He was a Yanks farm system product. He played in 88 games with 265 at bats. He was traded after the 1996 season then back to the Yanks during the 1999 season.

I also omitted Ruben Sierra. He was traded to the Yanks.

Comment

Can someone please explain why there has been no salary cap instituted in baseball? I dont want to hear oh well they have to pay the fine or whatever. What is the actual reason? I am assuming its because the league gets more money out of it. Could you imagine the Yankees being cut off from buying these superstars? Its such a joke! Thats why I cant stand baseball like how can you applaud a team like this years Yankees as opposed to teams in other leagues who arent full of paid all stars that win Championships? Fucking asterisk that garbage!

Comment

Can someone please explain why there has been no salary cap instituted in baseball? I dont want to hear oh well they have to pay the fine or whatever. What is the actual reason? I am assuming its because the league gets more money out of it. Could you imagine the Yankees being cut off from buying these superstars? Its such a joke! Thats why I cant stand baseball like how can you applaud a team like this years Yankees as opposed to teams in other leagues who arent full of paid all stars that win Championships? Fucking asterisk that garbage!
                        And this isnt even touching on the steroid thing..like seriously fuck baseball!

Comment

I would also like to thank Kate Hudson!!!

Comment

Chado1

It's simple......

All AMERICAN/USA Sports are either configured wrong, rigged, corrupt, fixed, don't have proper rules, on the take officials, commissioners, STEROID USAGE, etc...we're no where near the honesty, scale as the NHL/CFL.....

Thought you knew that, you say it enough.....

Quit betting NBA/NFL/MLB/NCAA Sports, or quit whining/griping/complaining about em.....

Stick w/ the CFL/NHL where you KNOW you get A FAIR SHAKE...

It's that simple.....
                            Last edited by Kaptain; 11-05-2009, 01:42 PM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

He's a great guy no doubt. He does take some things way too seriously imo, but we each have our faults. I think loosening up would do him a world of good, but we are all wired different.
                              Oh the irony!!!!

KAZ
                              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Working...
                              X