Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gorbachev: George H. W. Bush Called Reagan "Extreme" And GOP Supporters "Blockheads"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorbachev: George H. W. Bush Called Reagan "Extreme" And GOP Supporters "Blockheads"

Gorbachev: George H. W. Bush Called Reagan "Extreme" And GOP Supporters "Blockheads"

The Nation:
    On September 23, Nation editor Katrina vanden Heuvel and her husband, Stephen F. Cohen, a contributing editor, interviewed former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev at his foundation in Moscow. With the twentieth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall approaching, we believed that the leader most responsible for that historic event should be heard, on his own terms, in the United States. As readers will see, the discussion became much more wide-ranging. --The Editors [...]
    MG: ... By the way, in 1987, after my first visit to the United States, Vice President Bush accompanied me to the airport, and told me: "Reagan is a conservative. An extreme conservative. All the blockheads and dummies are for him, and when he says that something is necessary, they trust him. But if some Democrat had proposed what Reagan did, with you, they might not have trusted him."

Read more at: Gorbachev: George H. W. Bush Called Reagan "Extreme" And GOP Supporters "Blockheads"

Read more at: Gorbachev: George H. W. Bush Called Reagan "Extreme" And GOP Supporters "Blockheads"

Didn't think I would get an answer

Comment

Yea, Gorbachev is a real reliable source

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
        Yea, Gorbachev is a real reliable source

maybe we can get some quotes from Kim Jong-il or castro.
        “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

I wouldnt actually doubt that he said something to Gorbechev. HW wasnt exactly known for his conservatism. A few poor comments are quite possible.

FWIW Monte. People on the extreme sides of issues typically are lemmings. that includes Reagan as well as Obama. Too many people geico googly eyeing them.

PK
          No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Working...
          X