Presidential Experience & Football Analogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Experience & Football Analogy

Like most everybody else out here, I'm a sportsaholic with a particular addiction to football. Few situations in life don't have an appropriate analogy to football and the NFL. From reading some of the other threads, its pretty apparent that some of the BC community thinks experience is not all that important in the upcoming election. I do believe its important...both in reality and in perception especially as will be perceived by the rest of the world. Anyway, in the context of the NFL, let's say, here is my take on the experience factor:

Community Organizer- Head Coach of a Junior High School football team
    Member of a State Legislature- Head Coach of a High School football team
    Junior Member of US Senate- Head Coach of D-II football team
    Senior Member of US Senate- Head Coach of a F-I football team
    President of the United States- Head Coach AND GM of an NFL franchise (GM role is because with the veto power vested with one person, this role is clearly more profound than just the HC). And, given the status and influence of the U.S. this should probably one of, if not THE, most elite franchises in the League so let's make it the Pats. (I know there is a bit of a flaw in this comparison since I know that the current Administration has contributed tremendously to the dysfunctionality of the federal government, and there is nothing dysfunctional about the NE organization...forgive me on that one):

So, here we go:

Mr. Robert Kraft
    Managing Director
    New England Patriots Football, LLC
    Foxboro, MA

Dear Mr. Kraft:

I would like to apply for the upcoming vacancy in your GM / Head Coaching position with your organization. In support of my application, I present the following background information:

Head Coach- Chicago Heights Junior High School Football. I was employed in this position for 12 years from 1983 through 1995

Head Coach- Central Chicago High School Football. Due to my success at the Junior High School level I obtained this position in 1996 and held it until 2004

Head Coach- Ferris State University Football. I have been in this position since January 2005 so I have three and a half years' experience at this level. Well, actually my "coaching" experience is closer to two and half years since I've been away from my "day job" for the last full year "campaigning" for the upcoming opening in Foxboro.

One of the main reasons I'm applying for these positions is out of my concern for the NFL. We need CHANGE, Mr. Kraft. The "middle class" of this League is disappearing. I propose to "restore" that middle class. I don't have any really substantive ideas on how to do this, but it will be my goal to restore parity to the League. Generally, it will be necessary for the successful franchises (the Pats, the Colts, maybe the Chargers and the Giants) to help the downtrodden (the Raiders, the Falcons, and the Bears (they are supporting my application so I want to help them as much as possible)) who, due to their own bad choices have slipped into the abyss of despair. Now, I don't expect that the League's rich will voluntarily participate in this cause so I will enlist the services of the League Office (Congress). I believe I can easily convince Mr. Goodell to impose a "success tax" on those franchises that have so selfishly worked so hard at ensuring their own success. The rate associated with this tax will be the loss of one player each year for every game won over 8. The League's unfortunates will be permitted to acquire one player, of its own choice, from any of the upper class teams for each prior season loss over 8. Players, of course, will be identified by the selecting team. I'm certain that after a few years, we will have all 32 teams vying for the optimum 8-8 records. We can wipe out success, initiative, and drive in the NFL in our lifetimes, Mr. Kraft. YES, WE CAN!!!

With my experienced packed background, I don't see how you could go wrong by selecting me. I would integrate easily into the Patriots and the rest of the League. While I have never met any of the other coaches around the League, i.e., Coach Karzai of the Afghanistan Taliban, Coach Musharraf of the Pakinstan Nukes, Coach Ahmadinejad of the Iran Jihadists (though I greatly look forward to sitting down and having a beer with him very soon...huh, they don't drink beer??? hmm, didn't realize that. Wonder why that is), Coach Abdullah of the Saudi Oilers, etc, I have heard of all of them.

In any event, I would appreciate your favorable reply to my job application!

Sincerely,

B. Obama
    Candidate for Change
    Last edited by umreb78; 06-22-2008, 10:09 AM.

If /you/he is hired it would be an Obamination
    NBA is a joke

Comment

I wonder what Pat Tilmans thoughts would be on this one.
      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Mangini was a video assistant and took the Jets to the Playoffs in his first season.

Sometimes the same old retreads just do not cut it.....I wouldve rather seen Edwards but Obama is the better choice between him and McCain IMO

PEACE

Comment

Working...
        X