Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush didn't know about CIA leak: McClellan

By Andy Sullivan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush did not know about a White House effort to leak the identity of a CIA agent but tried to protect staffers who were involved in one of the biggest scandals of his administration, former Bush spokesman Scott McClellan told Congress on Friday.

McClellan said he did not think Bush was involved in a 2003 effort to blow the cover of CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson, whose husband had accused the administration of twisting intelligence to justify the Iraq war.

But Bush, through his chief of staff, ordered McClellan to tell reporters that White House staffers Karl Rove and Lewis "Scooter" Libby were not behind the leak, even though they both turned out to be involved, McClellan told the House Judiciary Committee.

Vice President Dick Cheney's involvement in the leak might have been greater, McClellan said.

"I do not think the president in any way had knowledge about it," McClellan told lawmakers. "In terms of the vice president, I do not know. There is a lot of suspicion there."

McClellan, who was White House spokesman between 2003 and 2006, recently released a book that accuses the White House of conducting a propaganda campaign to make the case to invade Iraq. He says Libby and Rove deceived him about their role in the Plame leak.

McClellan said Bush should fully explain what he knew about the leak and how he decided to invade Iraq. The White House was "less than candid and less than honest" as it made its case for war, he said.

McClellan's book, released last month, caused an uproar in Washington and raised new questions about whether Bush and Cheney directed staffers to smear war critics, like Plame's husband, and then block a subsequent investigation. Continued...

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...edName=topNews

[ATTACH]6939[/ATTACH]

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

My gawd Monte give it up. We realize you hate the guy and everything right wing.

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers
        [ATTACH]6939[/ATTACH]
        Can't wate!

Comment

1-20-09? Seems like forever. I'm sure the clown will do more shit before then to screw the Country up more.

Comment

Monte =

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
              1-20-09? Seems like forever. I'm sure the clown will do more shit before then to screw the Country up more.
              Not nearly as much as your congress has been doing since 2006
              He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers
                [ATTACH]6939[/ATTACH]
                ANOTHER TREE HUGGER..........
                jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
                  ANOTHER TREE HUGGER..........

March 29, 2007

Iraq Budget Supplemental: President Explains Why He Will Veto Democratic Meddling in His Brilliantly Executed Bloodbath

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. (Sighs) Please be seated. (Frowns)

Earlier today, the Democrats in Congress passed a war funding budget which includes a hard timeline for the pullout of American troops from Iraq. This is unacceptable! (Pounds Fist on Podium)

This is MY war. I started it. And don't nobody else get to play with it but ME! (Folds Arms & Pouts)

To these folks who don't understand why I'm so set on doing things my way, I want to share a little story:

When I was a kid back in Midland Texas, I had a big old cardboard box that was filled to the rim with GI Joe dolls. I loved playing with those dolls. Holding wargames... Dressing them up in their little macho outfits... Undressing them and... (Coughs) ANYWAY, those dolls were like my first military, and I learned super-valuable lessons commanding them. Lessons that I still live by today.

One day when I was 11, my dad was mowing our back yard, and darn if he didn't slip and fall right in the cesspool. I looked on helplessly as poor poppy tried in vain to extricate himself... his shiny black penny loafers thrashing in vain to get traction in the putrid muck... and flailing pathetically in filth-drenched Bermuda shorts. Later, after my mom effortlessly plucked him out in her big brawny arms, she was hosing him down on the driveway. He was shivering, and doing that thing where he blubbers like a bitch. And I decided, right there and then, that I was gonna make that cesspool pay for what it did to my daddy.

So the very next morning, I took my box of GI Joes, and I threw a whole bunch of them right into that nasty old cesspool. Then I put on my cowbow hat, and I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Bring it on!" And then I walked away and forgot all about it.

Two years later, my brother Jeb noticed the GI Joes in the cesspool, and he said, "Hey George – don't you think you should do something about those GI Joes? They used to be floating on top, but now they're starting to sink in the sludge."

I assured him, "Don't worry, Jebber. I knew what I was doing when I threw them in there. Those GI Joes are tough, and if we just stay the course, they'll whoop that cesspool yet."

A year later, he asked me again: "Hey George. Those GI Joes ain't looking so hot, and the cesspool is getting even bigger! Shouldn't we do something?"

But I was already a prodigal Commander in Chief, and I told him, "Listen little bro, those GI Joes are professionals, and I'm certain I can count on them to make the right decisions. The last thing they need is a bunch of civvies telling them how to do their jobs." And then I threw a few more dolls into deepest, stinkiest part of the pit, just for good measure.

Another year passed, when one day I was walking through the back yard, and I noticed Jeb back by the cesspool. He was trying to fish those GI Joes out with a stick!

So I yelled, "Hey Jebster! Stop that! Don't fuck with my shit!"

And he said, "I'm sorry George, but I can't stand idly by and do nothing. Your plan made no sense, and you clearly just don't care whether or not a bunch of GI Joes live or die! So I'm taking action to SAVE these GI Joes!"

So I said, "OK Jeberooni. If that's the way you feel."

And then I punched him in his big fat hippo face so hard, he was cross-eyed for a year... and started dating Mexican chicks.

So the GI Joes stayed in the Midland cesspool. And then ten years later, the town put in a municipal sewage system, and the cesspool became obsolete and dried up – which is proof that my military instincts are totally awesome.

And THAT should tell Democrats all they need to know about questioning my genius plan for Iraq.

And THAT is why I will veto any attempt Democrats might make to take control of my real-life GI Joes.

Thank you.

Geo. Dubya Bush

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                  When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                  Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Fuck George W.....kyle Busch Is A Monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X