No announcement yet.

5 Years On: Is Iraq War Only Half-Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Years On: Is Iraq War Only Half-Over?

3,988 Dead, More Than 60,000 Wounded, A Projected Cost Of $2 Trillion — What Is America's Continued Role?
    WEST POINT, New York, March 16, 2008

Sen. John McCain, the apparent Republican presidential nominee, has predicted that the insurgency will "go on for years and years and years." But, eventually, the Iraqi forces will have to fight alone. It's the often-touted South Korean scenario: local forces someday on the front lines with a U.S. military presence in a supporting role - possibly for decades.

"A thousand years. A million years. Ten million years," McCain famously said in New Hampshire in January. "It depends on the arrangement we have with the Iraqi government."

It depends, too, on whether the Iraqis and their government can hold on. To a far lesser extent, it also hinges on world sentiment - the U.N. Security Council mandate for the U.S.-led force in Iraq is set to expire at the end of the year, which could increase international pressure for withdrawal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...r=HOME_3941693

right wing screwing us for ever vote democrate

Comment

Originally posted by zittiboy
      right wing screwing us for ever vote democrate
      I assume you mean for president?
      But do you vote republican against all the democrats who voted for the war to throw them out of office too?
      Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

Originally posted by dakingisdead
        But do you vote republican against all the democrats who voted for the war to throw them out of office too?
        he's a drive by dem sheep, he doesnt know or cant think for himself that almost 90% of the herders were for the war
        jordanrules..................

Comment

I am fine with his opinion that if he doesn't agree with the war, or our continued presence there, that he would want to vote democratic for the presidency. But I would then also assume he would vote against every politician in his state, republican or democrat, who voted for the war, and it's continued funding. You have to be consistent with your views regardless of party affliation, or you would be proven a worthless hypocrite.

Comment

I am fine with his opinion that if he doesn't agree with the war, or our continued presence there, that he would want to vote democratic for the presidency. But I would then also assume he would vote against every politician in his state, republican or democrat, who voted for the war, and it's continued funding. You have to be consistent with your views regardless of party affliation, or you would be proven a worthless hypocrite.
            For being mislead by the Governor and his cronies

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
              he's a drive by dem sheep, he doesnt know or cant think for himself that almost 90% of the herders were for the war
              You're a sheep being led to the slaughter house and you're too damn dumb to know the difference.

Comment

Its a Republican war 100%....when they voted anyone who was against was labeled unpatriotic or a terrorist lover....how many Senators or Reps need that label when trying to get reelected?

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                  Its a Republican war 100%....when they voted anyone who was against was labeled unpatriotic or a terrorist lover....how many Senators or Reps need that label when trying to get reelected?

PEACE
                  That is an extremely weak argument. They don't want a label so they say ok? And that's the leadership you want?

If you don't call me a name, I will vote to authorize troops to go to war.
                  Sounds like great people there eh?
                  Last edited by dakingisdead; 03-17-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                    For being mislead by the Governor and his cronies
                    huh?

Comment

That is an extremely weak argument. They don't want a label so they say ok? And that's the leadership you want?

If you don't call me a name, I will vote to authorize troops to go to war.
                      Sounds like great people there eh?
                      In essence yes......it was a thug mentality before they invaded......they walked into the UN with bogus info and began making threats to the world about who is coming with us and abroad anyone who spoke against this was labeled a traitor, terrorist lover or unpatriotic and after 9/11 people took that shit sereously

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                        In essence yes......it was a thug mentality before they invaded......they walked into the UN with bogus info and began making threats to the world about who is coming with us and abroad anyone who spoke against this was labeled a traitor, terrorist lover or unpatriotic and after 9/11 people took that shit sereously

PEACE
                        So how many of those that authorized us to go to war read the intelligence reports? And you say the politicians who voted for the war were influenced by the people right? So if they were following the will of the people and went with the flow so they weren't called names in an election year, why aren't the same people stopping the war now and following the will of the people so they aren't called names?

And I am referring to our government, not the un or other countries.
                        Last edited by dakingisdead; 03-17-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

So how many of those that authorized us to go to war read the intelligence reports? And you say the politicians who voted for the war were influenced by the people right? So if they were following the will of the people and went with the flow so they weren't called names in an election year, why aren't the same people stopping the war now and following the will of the people so they aren't called names?

And I am referring to our government, not the un or other countries.
                          It's an election year and until the election is over nothing will take place with the soldiers. Then it depends on who you get in as President and whether or not Congress & the Senate will agree.

The UN agreement is up at the beginning of 09 meaning the UN will then talk about whether we should pull out or not. The problem with that is the UN didn't want us to go in to begin with so I doubt we will give a shit about what they say now.

Iraqs want us out
                          Americans want out
                          Soldiers want out

Comment

It's an election year and until the election is over nothing will take place with the soldiers. Then it depends on who you get in as President and whether or not Congress & the Senate will agree.

The UN agreement is up at the beginning of 09 meaning the UN will then talk about whether we should pull out or not. The problem with that is the UN didn't want us to go in to begin with so I doubt we will give a shit about what they say now.

Iraqs want us out
                            Americans want out
                            Soldiers want out
                            New Congress was elected in fall of 06 on the promise of executing the will of the people and ending the war and they haven't. It's nearly 1.5 years later, still nothing. un has nothing to do with that.

Comment

You're a sheep being led to the slaughter house and you're too damn dumb to know the difference.
                              ok LOUIS FARACHAN
                              jordanrules..................

Comment

Working...
                              X