Question for Monte?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Monte?

WTF is up with this "Do Over" in Michigan and Florida?
    I've never heard of such a thing! Were they only
    "Practicing the first time around?"

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
    Jon E. Checkers

bump. Excellent question.

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers
      WTF is up with this "Do Over" in Michigan and Florida?
      I've never heard of such a thing! Were they only
      "Practicing the first time around?"
      Since Florida and Michigan moved their election dates up the Democrats decided not to use them. Now that the race is so close they are trying to figure out a way to use the votes in those 2 States.

Clinton won both States.
      Obama didn't even register in Michigan.

Clinton wants the votes obviously as it would lift her up. However, that's why they are talking about redoing the voting. IMO it's BS. And the reason is all of those people went out and voted & now are basically being told you're votes didn't mean shit you'll have to vote again. Obama would want a revote as he lost both States.

Comment

Why was the decision made to move their election dates up? This isn't normal is it?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          Why was the decision made to move their election dates up? This isn't normal is it?
          You answered my Gordon question, so I will return the favor.

These states moved up their primaries b/c they felt there's were so late, it wouldn't have an impact in the election. Ill, NH, and early states were being resented b/c they always go first. So these states attempted to try and have a bigger impact. And now they certainly will.
          There are so many problems with this. Clinton won Fla, and no one campaigned in that state. All the candidates agreed not to campaign there.
          Michigan was won by Clinton as she was the only one on the ballot. All other candidates have removed their names. But there were 40k votes cast for undecided.
          Howard Dean, the head of the DNC, doesn't want to pay for a redo, to save the money for the general election. The states don't want to pay b/c they feel the DNC ruled the way they did, so they screwed up.
          Sorry for the long rant, but it truly is a crazy time!
          Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

That is bizarre! Why would only Clinton's name be on the ballot? Why did they agree not to campaign Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              That is bizarre! Why would only Clinton's name be on the ballot? Why did they agree not to campaign Florida?
              In Michigan, she was the only one who didn't remove her name from the ballot. So it was a one person race essentially. The other candidates had supported the DNC decision, and went a step further.
              In Fla, all the candidates agreed to not campaign, in support of the DNC punishment, but I believe think all the names were on the ballot. Clinton won, and now wants those delegates seated. If they do a do-over, she wouldn't want a caucas as she doesn't do well in them.

Comment

This whole thing is great for the GOP. The race is too close not to count MI and FL but Howard Dean and the DNC will not pay for a re-vote and nor will the states. Also the proportional way that the Democrats award delegates is so fair to the losers of that particular state that no candidate could get a huge bounce in convention delegates. This is why Hillary will not be able to catch Obama. The delegate count will probably be so close come the convention in August that we could see some things that we haven't seen in 40 years with regards to how the superdelagates influence who the Dem nominee is.
                "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoorCvr
                  This whole thing is great for the GOP. The race is too close not to count MI and FL but Howard Dean and the DNC will not pay for a re-vote and nor will the states. Also the proportional way that the Democrats award delegates is so fair to the losers of that particular state that no candidate could get a huge bounce in convention delegates. This is why Hillary will not be able to catch Obama. The delegate count will probably be so close come the convention in August that we could see some things that we haven't seen in 40 years with regards to how the superdelagates influence who the Dem nominee is.
                  I Agree, I think we're gonna get a Big Dose of Good ol' Boy
                  at the convention... This is gonna be how it is whether we
                  like it or Not!!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                  When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                  Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Being from Florida, I sense most people here have had enough of the voting procedures and the way things have been run the last four years. Thinking of the last election (2004) and the snafu of votes that could have swung the election is mind boggling. Florida was criticized for not elevating a fair and decent voting procedure and votes had to be recounted. Now the Democratic Party in a -its my way or the highway attitude concerning a time issue (of all things)- has created a a snafu on Mich and Fla concerning who is to lead them as the presidential hopeful.

Though it seems that we as a nation who engineers the democracy within other countries- can't seem to get it right and that sends a messge that shows its weakness!
                    Last edited by Spearit; 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM.
                    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
                      Being from Florida, I sense most people here have had enough of the voting procedures and the way things have been run the last four years. Thinking of the last election (2004) and the snafu of votes that could have swung the election is mind boggling. Florida was criticized for not elevating a fair and decent voting procedure and votes had to be recounted. Now the Democratic Party in a -its my way or the highway attitude concerning a time issue (of all things)- has created a a snafu on Mich and Fla concerning who is to lead them as the presidential hopeful.

Though it seems that we as a nation who engineers the democracy within other countries- can't seem to get it right and that sends a messge that shows its weakness!
                      The dates should have never been moved.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                        The dates should have never been moved.
                        I agree, but the cat is already out of the bag. I think it's a bit hypocritical for the DNC not to seat these delegates. The Dems still talk about voter disenfranchisement as it relates to the 2000 election in FL and now they want to discount the votes of millions of people in two states based on the actions of their state legislatures. What do you think they should do now?
                        "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think they should have a re do at the DNC expense. And it should be a full-blown primary, with an effort to make mail-in ballots available to people no longer in the state but registered.
                          The DNC made the call to strip. The Republican party had the same situation, just handled it better by stripping half of the delegates.
                          You can't have the results from the previous vote. You can't just caucas. You can't not do anything.
                          I think I read somewhere that Fla has threatened if the DNC won't pay for a re do, then Fla won't hold a presidential vote for the Democratic party?

Comment

Originally posted by dakingisdead
                            I think they should have a re do at the DNC expense. And it should be a full-blown primary, with an effort to make mail-in ballots available to people no longer in the state but registered.
                            The DNC made the call to strip. The Republican party had the same situation, just handled it better by stripping half of the delegates.
                            You can't have the results from the previous vote. You can't just caucas. You can't not do anything.
                            I think I read somewhere that Fla has threatened if the DNC won't pay for a re do, then Fla won't hold a presidential vote for the Democratic party?
                            Ha. That would be great if it's true. One wonders what Rev Al and the rest of the race baiters would think about that. I know he'd be raising hell right now if Obama had won FL and MI but since Hillary did he's on the side of the DNC. What a jag.

Comment

Monte Here Is A Point I Have Not Heard Yet Hopefully You Can Give Me An Answer,since This Race Is So Close Does Either Candidate Have A Chance To Reach The 2,024 Delegates Without Using Florida And Michigan.obama Is Still 500 Away And Clinton 600 Away Without The Superdelegates Which I Think Will Favor Hillary.what Happens If Neither Reach The 2024 Mark
                              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                              X