No announcement yet.

Will the Moderator WAYNE 1218 Please respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's try and explain this to you a little better Beerball.

Each computer that logs into the internet has its own specific IP address that is unique to that user from their Internet Provider. When you sign up here, your IP address is registered with the site and the Mods can view it. If you sign up as a different name and you are using the same computer, your IP address will show up to the Mods again.

Therefore, when your friend registered as Bigbit, his IP address may have been say, #9900. Just as an example. That IP address is from his internet provider and is his ONLY for his use. When tibgib registered here, the same IP address showed up to the Mods. That being #9900.

What they are saying very matter of factly is that your friend registered with the same IP address as Bigbit and tibgib.

Maybe you understand this, I don't know. But you keep asking the same question which you get the same answer to....

KAZ
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Kazdog is mostly right, but I want to add a little. There are two types of IP addresses: static and dynamically allocated. A statis IP means that every time you sign on to the internet, you have the same IP address. Some ISPs, such as SBC Global, use this kind. A dynamically allocated IP address can change often. Basically, every now and then your ISP renews your IP addres and gives you a new one. This can be a hassle for some wireless router users b/c, if the modem and wireless router do refresh their IPs at the same time, it can cause an issue where you need to reset one or the other.

IP addresses are in the format of:

Each of those sections of numbers can be 1, 2 or 3 digits. Generally an ISP will have a block of ISP that start with the same thing. I.E. Everyone using MSN will be 240.120.***.***.

So, if your friend's IP address was dynamic, it would be near statistically impossible that someone else, using the same ISP, jsut happened to visit this site and register a name. It's more like that it was a static IP.

Not taking anyone's sides, just giving some info. And yes, I do work in IT, haha.
      O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave
        Unless I am missing something beerball, this is Wayne, Sparks, and Monte's point. The IP address' don't lie so why should he.
        And my in the above post also shows that the mods are giving you some "rope" because you basically accused them of lying about the IP address.
        I've only been here around a year and the mods here put up with a lot of shit and I think they try to be as fair as possible. Do I think every call they make is right. Of course not, but that happens in all walks of life. People disagree. However, the crack about the "coverup" was uncalled for because they have no reason to make that up.
        Just my opinion.
        dave

Thanks dave ... and trust me .. on many other forums beerball would have been history ... but we want to be as fair as w can be ..

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog

Maybe you understand this, I don't know. But you keep asking the same question which you get the same answer to....

KAZ
          Maybe I should check beerball's IP with bry??

j/k bry ... hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples
            Kazdog is mostly right, but I want to add a little. There are two types of IP addresses: static and dynamically allocated. A statis IP means that every time you sign on to the internet, you have the same IP address. Some ISPs, such as SBC Global, use this kind. A dynamically allocated IP address can change often. Basically, every now and then your ISP renews your IP addres and gives you a new one. This can be a hassle for some wireless router users b/c, if the modem and wireless router do refresh their IPs at the same time, it can cause an issue where you need to reset one or the other.

IP addresses are in the format of:

Each of those sections of numbers can be 1, 2 or 3 digits. Generally an ISP will have a block of ISP that start with the same thing. I.E. Everyone using MSN will be 240.120.***.***.

So, if your friend's IP address was dynamic, it would be near statistically impossible that someone else, using the same ISP, jsut happened to visit this site and register a name. It's more like that it was a static IP.

Not taking anyone's sides, just giving some info. And yes, I do work in IT, haha.

You are absolutely correct apples .. and we run across it often ... that is why we never ban just because of multiple IP's ... but when a guy a few months ago registers as tib-gib .. and then registers again as big-bit which is tib-bit back wards I think the answer is obvious ... and then he deny's it which makes it worse .... I am sure you have seen me ask someone if there is a reason why their IP matches ... and then we decide from there ..

Comment

I have a head ache from reading all this. lol
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                I have a head ache from reading all this. lol
                take some advil

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                  take some advil and then your head won't hurt when I give it back to you
                  wow .... that's gotta hurt !

Comment

talked to my wife, about this whole mess , here's her reply !

. I've been coding PHP and design websites for over 7 years now... I tell you this so you have an idea of what I do / don't know. If programs such as the below program exist...

Are you sure that the imposter "tib-gib" or whoever you are referring to with the duplicate ip address really is who they are or not? Could the first (and originally banned) poster have been someone posing as someone else? Perhaps was posing as someone they knew of from another board? It is easy to flame someone and attack someone on forums and other such places. Beerball after talking with me to get some clarification about this situation decided to just let it go (in post # 85). Now everyone is jumping in and attacking him... including the moderators. I don't quite understand why? As for banning people that is so easy to do but it is also so easy for them to get back in. That is the bane of the moderator and forum owners out there and I feel your pain. Since this is really a situation of not wanting to give out a person's name and address it is understandable and now beerball realizes that. In this house beer knows betting, I know the internets so Thanks for listening. - Gulfsprite (Beerball's wife)

so spark, if you want to ban me ! its your choice !
                    Last edited by BettorsChat; 08-25-2007, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• How about post #87?? and who is attacking you and jumping on you?? My God .. give it up .. it is what it is ... I am not going to over it again ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark
                        How about post #87?? and who is attacking you and jumping on you?? My God .. give it up .. it is what it is ... I am not going to over it again ...

Hey Joe, if you want i can verify for this guy that he is on the straight and narrow

I gaurantee it, i know him from another site
                        Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark
                          How about post #87?? and who is attacking you and jumping on you?? My God .. give it up .. it is what it is ... I am not going to over it again ...
                          No shit, god damn. What is the point? We know what we see and that's all that really matters. My god, let it go huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
                            No shit, god damn. What is the point? We know what we see and that's all that really matters. My god, let it go huh.
                            LOCK OF THE YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet he doesn't let it go !!
                            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville
                              Hey Joe, if you want i can verify for this guy that he is on the straight and narrow

I gaurantee it, i know him from another site

which joe are you talking about , jc ?

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballdave
                                LOCK OF THE YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet he doesn't let it go !!
                                dave ..read post #72 last sentence
                                i was done ! but as always ..peeps popped in ..including you !
                                nice lock , bet bet it on your plays first !

Comment

Working...
                                X