Rock-n-roll Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock-n-roll Hall of Fame

Did anyone see this the other night? It was on Monday and it will air again Saturday night on VH1 or VH1 classic.

Let me start out by saying that I'm not looking to take anything away from anyone but sometimes you have to stand back and scrach your head and say how and the did that person make it into the Hall. Patti Smith falls right into this. For the life in me I can't remember ever hearing any of her songs being played on the radio, (Unless it was done by another artist) or knowing anyone ever owning one of her albums, and when I saw her preform.................. WOW, did she SUCK! It was kind of like Jackson Browne getting in and asking yourself, WHY?!?! I guess theses type of artist would be voted in more by their peers than by the people.

It only got worse when Van Halen's turn came up. If I ever need anyone to induct me into anything PLEASE don't hire Velvet Revolver! You would think that Eddie or Alex would at least be there but it was just Sammy and Michael. Real disappointing! Velvet Revolver just hacked up Aint Talking About Love, and than they did, I think Round and Round, and then got the fuck off the stage, thank god. Then Sammy and Mike got up and did Why can't This Be Love with Paul Shaffer and a bunch of hacks. Look, if these guys are dead that's one thing but if these bands are around and they are inducted they should preform, or don't have anyone preform at all. It was like having Black Sabbath sitting right there, and fucking Metallica playing their songs. IT SUCKS!

Then REM comes up. Now I'm not a big fan of REM's music, but they have a few songs that I do like. I just hate it though when these bands get up there and play some crap that you never heard of before. It was like seeing Cheap Trick a few years ago and they bust out this "we are going to do a couple of new songs here" that's fine when you are on top, but when you are playing a BBQ fest I fucking want to hear the HITS! Not the theam song from That 70's Show. (Yes they did that one) When REM got up there and started playing some songs that would be the third song on the second side on an album. I had to turn it.

I didn't see it all but what I did see it sucked! Sometimes you couldn't even hear the lead guitar when it was playing. I could go on but I wont.

Eddie Van Halen has cancer doesn't he? Or is in rehab again? I seen a pic of him and he looks like shit.

Comment

We went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2 years ago. It sits right beside the Browns stadium. It was a really cool building. Alot of interesting stuff in there. Written letters from Charles Manson to Rolling Stone magazine in frames and shit. Pretty weird stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        We went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2 years ago. It sits right beside the Browns stadium. It was a really cool building. Alot of interesting stuff in there. Written letters from Charles Manson to Rolling Stone magazine in frames and shit. Pretty weird stuff.
        Charles Manson doesn't deserve any recognition IMO

Comment

Just heard today that Eddie is in rehab. To bad these guys lost it. Still a great band from back in the day but I doubt that they could put out something new and it would be sucessful. I remember seeing them in 81 the Fair warning tour, and I'll tell you all what. David Lee Roth SUCKS live, and anyone else who ever seen him live solo, or with VH know this. So I'm no so hyped about this upcoming reunion tour.

Comment

He does suck live but give me a little "Unchained" or "Mean Streets" on my 8 Track player baby and crank it up!

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
              Charles Manson doesn't deserve any recognition IMO
              Funny thing is, that's what Rolling Stone Magazine told him too. He wanted to sell an interview to them and they refused to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                He does suck live but give me a little "Unchained" or "Mean Streets" on my 8 Track player baby and crank it up!
                Thanks Spark Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X