X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite Timing of Affair, Newt Says He's No Hypocrite

Posted Mar 9th 2007 10:33AM by AOL Kathleen
    Filed under: President 2008, Republicans, Newt Gingrich

After years of staying quiet on the subject, Newt Gingrich now admits that he was carrying on with another woman at the same time he was leading impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton -- proceedings based on the president's actions during an investigation born out of his carrying on with another woman.

But Gingrich insists he's no hypocrite. From the AP story:

"The president of the United States got in trouble for committing a felony in front of a sitting federal judge," the former Georgia congressman said of Clinton's 1998 House impeachment on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. "I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."
    It's not news that Newt's personal life is, well, messy. He's got two divorces under his belt. The first reportedly took place while his then-wife was fighting cancer. And in the second case, Gingrich -- via his lawyers -- acknowledged an extramarital relationship (one with the woman who is his current wife).

The question is, for someone who has long run on "family values," does this admission hurt Newt's potential White House aspirations? Or is it old news at this point? And looking at the bigger picture, is there even room for Gingrich in the 2008 Republican field?

Do these politicans not know what hypocrite means?

Comment

Was Clinton charged with having an affair or perjury? Having an affair, like Newt did, isn't "illegal", but perjury is.

Comment

Newt's a pimp

Comment

Both of them screwed around on their wives which is the same thing as newt doesn't know the difference. And the dumbass thinks he has a chance at president

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
            Both of them screwed around on their wives which is the same thing as newt doesn't know the difference. And the dumbass thinks he has a chance at president

''A CHANCE'' AT THE PRESIDENCY THAT WOULD HAPPEN ONLY IF WILD MONKEES JUMP OUT OF THE ASS OF THE REPUBLICAN
            ELEPHANT.......................

Comment

i have never been married so i have never walked in either one of those guys shoes, but Newt had alot of balls persecuting Clinton while he was guilty of the same....I do not care about the semantics whether it was perjury or not....It is cheating on the "suppossed" closest person in their life and if they cheat them....they will think nothing of cheating us....Bottom line is that it speaks of their character or lack thereof...

Comment

Working...
              X