Figures this would be a Democrat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figures this would be a Democrat

BOSTON - Gov.-elect Deval Patrick said Thursday he will rescind a new agreement between the state and federal authorities that allows State Police troopers to arrest illegal immigrants.

The incoming governor said he believes the troopers have enough to do already without having to also enforce the nation's immigration laws.

"If I have that power, I'm going to rescind that agreement," Patrick, a Democrat, told reporters. "I do believe I have that power."

On Dec. 13, Republican Gov. Mitt Romney signed an agreement with federal authorities allowing troopers to arrest and seek deportation of suspected illegal aliens they encountered during their normal duties.

Under the terms of the deal with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, an initial group of 30 troopers was to receive five weeks of specialized training next year, paid by the federal government.

Romney, a potential candidate for president in 2008, said at the time: "The scope of our nation's illegal immigration problem requires us to pursue and implement new solutions wherever possible."

The change marks the second split with the Romney administration in two days. On Wednesday, Patrick said he cannot support a plan to remove tolls on the western portion of the Massachusetts Turnpike.

Patrick takes office Jan. 4

all politicians are crooks everywhere.
    How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

What Does Being A Democrat Have To Do With Anything

Originally posted by gbell
      BOSTON - Gov.-elect Deval Patrick said Thursday he will rescind a new agreement between the state and federal authorities that allows State Police troopers to arrest illegal immigrants.

The incoming governor said he believes the troopers have enough to do already without having to also enforce the nation's immigration laws.

"If I have that power, I'm going to rescind that agreement," Patrick, a Democrat, told reporters. "I do believe I have that power."

On Dec. 13, Republican Gov. Mitt Romney signed an agreement with federal authorities allowing troopers to arrest and seek deportation of suspected illegal aliens they encountered during their normal duties.

Under the terms of the deal with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, an initial group of 30 troopers was to receive five weeks of specialized training next year, paid by the federal government.

Romney, a potential candidate for president in 2008, said at the time: "The scope of our nation's illegal immigration problem requires us to pursue and implement new solutions wherever possible."

The change marks the second split with the Romney administration in two days. On Wednesday, Patrick said he cannot support a plan to remove tolls on the western portion of the Massachusetts Turnpike.

Patrick takes office Jan. 4

WHAT THE FUCK DOES HIM BEING A DEMOCRAT HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?

YOUR PRESIDENT DOESNT WANT ILLEGAL ALIENS ARRESTED.

HAVE YOU CHECKED LATELY HE IS A REPUBLICAN.

Comment

Hey musclehead, get off the squat rack and learn to read where the article states it was a Republican governor who enacted the law with a democratic governor rescinding. That's where the fact "it's a democrat" doing it applies. What does Bush's stance have to do with what the democratic Boston governor has done? The fact that one governor attempted, whether you agree with it or not, to make some sort of effort to do SOMETHING, is the point.

Comment

Hey musclehead, get off the squat rack and learn to read where the article states it was a Republican governor who enacted the law with a democratic governor rescinding. That's where the fact "it's a democrat" doing it applies. What does Bush's stance have to do with what the democratic Boston governor has done? The fact that one governor attempted, whether you agree with it or not, to make some sort of effort to do SOMETHING, is the point.
          YOU MISSED THE POINT. MY ARGUMENT TO YOU IS HIS POLITICAL AFFILIATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS STANCE. IN YOUR HEADLINE,"FIGURES THIS IS A DEMOCRAT"YOU BROUGHT UP HIS PARTY AFFILIATION. MY RESPONSE TO YOU IS BOTH PARTIES HAVE WAFFLED ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IN THIS COUNTRY AND THE FACT THAT HE IS A DEMOCRAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STUPIDITY OF HIS STANCE. ALSO AS FUKKED UP AS THE REPUBLICANS HAVE OUR COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST, GAY SCANDLES, I WOULD CONTINUE TO KEEP A LOW PROFILE IF I WERE YOU.

Comment

Musclehead, I am very sorry you are such an angry person. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and I hope that maybe for the new year, some resolutions of lower blood pressure, less gay jokes attacking board members, and the ability to read, comprehend, and just be happy, if even for 5 minutes. No one wants to see you hanging from the rafters with a noose around your neck from stress.

Comment

Musclehead, I am very sorry you are such an angry person. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and I hope that maybe for the new year, some resolutions of lower blood pressure, less gay jokes attacking board members, and the ability to read, comprehend, and just be happy, if even for 5 minutes. No one wants to see you hanging from the rafters with a noose around your neck from stress.
              Figures you would mention a noose and a rope....Honestly, I think you're the one who is the angry person. You're the one opening most of these threads angry toward minorities and the immigration laws....Here's to lowering your blood pressure in 2007. Though a new Demacratic Congress won't help that much...Merry Christmas!

KAZ
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

SORRY YOU MISSED THE POINT GBELL. TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE AND KEEP YOUR BURRIED IN THE SAND AND REMEMBER "STAY THE COURSE".

Comment

Guys Republicans & Democrats are always changing things as a way to try and gain VOTES. Like I've said all along the whole system needs to be WORKED on.

Comment

bump
                    Remember the three R's:
                    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Working...
                    X