Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for any of the Fade Experts

Hey guys:

I'm a long time lurker, but now that Monte has opened up registration I'll be able to post

Anyway, my question is regarding how you treat services like VSS & NY Wiseguys when you are doing your talleys. Since those 2 services have produced a winning record do you record them as what they pick or do you mark them down as opposite? I mean isn't the point to fade the cappers that suck....

For example, lets look at a game from last night (Wisconsin vs No. Iowa). Both VSS & NY Wiseguys had No. Iowa, so which team did you record a talley for? It seems to me that since they have a solid history of winning, we would want them on our side and would record their picks as opposite (ie mark them down for Wisconsin).

Just curious....Sorry if this is confusing.....Keep up the good work guys...you all are doing a great job...I wish I had the time to help out as much as some of you guys do, but I will do what I can..

PC

VSS, Wiseguys, Alatex, Nostradamus, God, Messiah, Jesus, It doesn't matter. We treat and tally them all the same. If all 7 or the majority of the above were to pick Team A, then we will fade that pick and go with Team B.

Comment

Originally posted by raedan
      VSS, Wiseguys, Alatex, Nostradamus, God, Messiah, Jesus, It doesn't matter. We treat and tally them all the same. If all 7 or the majority of the above were to pick Team A, then we will fade that pick and go with Team B.
      Exactly, we don't give a fuck who it is!!!! As a matter of fact we faded Excutive 600% last week! Press Coverage you must not have been lurking for very long or you would have known this.

Comment

obviously a tout for those services he mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by rxpert
          obviously a tout for those services he mentioned.
          That's what I was thinking........PATHETIC!!!

Comment

One thing that I can guarantee is that I AM NOT A TOUT FOR ANY SERVICE.

I was simply asking a question because it doesn't seem to make sense to me that you would want to fade any service (those just happened to be the 2 that I thought of off the top of my head) that has a documented winning record.

But I'll admit that I am new to "fading" so I was just curious. Didn't mean to get anyone riled up. I thought that we are all trying to help each other make some $$$$$$$$$

And yes I was aware of the fact that you faded Executive 600% last week.

Comment

Press, in my opinion Special K is one of the best college basketball services out there. However I DIDN'T BAT AN EYE at going against their GOY yesterday because the fade system had everyone on Old Dominion. In the end the great Special K lost (although depends on the line) and the fades won out! It's not about going against a good service or not. The idea is going against the way everyone is leaning. Fades are the reason the bookies make all the money. They don't screw up lines. If 23 services think Team A is better and 3 think Team B is better which way do you go? Do you think Vegas got the line wrong? They have millions of dollars in tools and systems at their disposal to put together a strong line. If everyone is on one side it's probably for the wrong reasons. Everyone plays on one team and the book makes a killing. Look at NC State yesterday. Everyone (good, bad and ugly services) were on UNCC and NC State makes a huge comeback and wins. How much money did the books make on that game?
              Last edited by betitnow; 03-19-2005, 12:06 PM.
              I love Ripple and Spark and would sooner die than say anything bad about either of them. Thanks for making BettorsChat work guys! (SUCKING UP TO THE BOSSES) Love you too Monte
              :uzi:

Comment

Overall I think it is a great idea.
                There is one caveat:
                If one or two services say get hot, and then a bunch of services jump on their plays because they(the other services are not doing so well), then you are not getting a true fade, as you are really not fading many different services but only going against the few doing well.
                HOWEVER and very importantly, the other side of the coin is this: as we all know and have experienced many times, when we as bettors jump off a cold service or off our own cold picks and onto the picks of a hot service, many times it is too late, and the hot service cools off at the precise time that others jump in.
                Thus in a sense a lot of what I said in the first paragraph is negated.
                The bottom line is keep up the good work!
                Last edited by savage1; 03-19-2005, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Press, I hear ya bro. Last year Gavazzi's Private Players had a great season and anyone that faded him would have gotten buried. This year VSS and the New York Wiseguys are hot. Next year it will be some other service that is winning in March. The point of the fade idea though, is to simply go against any game where a ton of services are loaded up on one side of a game (good services, bad services, all of them). As a general rule, most services lose over the long haul, so when you have a game where all of them are loaded up on one side, the long term odds are that fading that side should do pretty well (regardless of the results over a week or month etc).

It would be interesting to see if a system could be developed where the top winning services could be kept out of the general tally (and how that improved or hurt the fade results) BUT whoever chose to do that would have to have alot of time to devote to this AND would have to come up with THE perfect list of which services to exempt from the tally (a subjective assessment that could flaw everything if done wrong). Bottom line is that nobody knows how this might affect the tally because nobody has ever tried to do it!

The general concept that rip started with though is to just simply go against any team where an overwhelming number of services are loaded up on them, regardless of whether they are good, bad, scammers, honest etc etc etc. bol guys
                  OBE

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback....I'm new to the fade idea, so I just wanted to throw a thought out there to see if I was off base with my thinking.

Keep up the great work...Good luck to everyone....

Comment

Working...
                    X