No announcement yet.

BettorsChat Hilton Style Contest Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time deadline was always posted from the original thread and in all threads that had the lines.

This is a Hilton Style contest. In that contest you have too have your plays in buy Thursday or Friday at 2:00 Eastern so this contest gives you some more flexibity on time.

The reason for allowing people to come in late is that there was hardly anyone entering the contest.

I'm looking at getting a really big contest going that will be both CFB and NFL.

Comment

Contest is never updated, you won't comment on cleaning the thread up, you avoided the other members comments, and then insult our intelligence? Members are aware of what the Hilton Contest is, Monte. I can't wait until you start this "really big" contest after seeing how awful this "really small" one has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        The time deadline was always posted from the original thread and in all threads that had the lines.

This is a Hilton Style contest. In that contest you have too have your plays in buy Thursday or Friday at 2:00 Eastern so this contest gives you some more flexibity on time.

The reason for allowing people to come in late is that there was hardly anyone entering the contest.

I'm looking at getting a really big contest going that will be both CFB and NFL.
        I'm really not that concerned with the entering late. I just can't see how letting some enter late- but penalizing others who post every week since week 1 because of a deadline- makes any sense.
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          I'm really not that concerned with the entering late. I just can't see how letting some enter late- but penalizing others who post every week since week 1 because of a deadline- makes any sense.
          I would agree that people who haven't posted in 3 weeks shouldn't be allowed to post 10 picks in one week to catch up and then another 10 picks the next week. However, I believe that it's already been allowed so it probably needs to stay that way just to be fair. Monte can address that....

I didn't realize there was a Sat. 1pm Eastern time deadline either and went 0-10 the first 2 weeks. My bad for not reading the contest instructions.

I understand the frustration of a deadline, but it is a "Hilton Style" contest. Meaning that people need to have their picks in early so others can bet who's hot and fade who's not. It''s not just a contest for people to play and win cash and no one else on the site benefits.
          Last edited by KazDog; 10-01-2014, 11:04 PM.
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by OilCanBoyd View Post
            Contest is never updated, you won't comment on cleaning the thread up, you avoided the other members comments, and then insult our intelligence? Members are aware of what the Hilton Contest is, Monte. I can't wait until you start this "really big" contest after seeing how awful this "really small" one has gone.
            The contest is updated so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Insult your intelligence? I'm trying to explain to you that the contest is being ran like the Hilton one. And if you're aware of that contest you know it has time limits on when plays have to be in. This contest in every thread posted had the rules in it with the time deadline mentioned.
            Last edited by BettorsChat; 10-02-2014, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
              I understand the frustration of a deadline, but it is a "Hilton Style" contest. Meaning that people need to have their picks in early so others can bet who's hot and fade who's not. It''s not just a contest for people to play and win cash and no one else on the site benefits.
              The logic behind this is super flawed, but it's not worth arguing about. GL everyone

Comment

The logic behind this is super flawed, but it's not worth arguing about. GL everyone
                Not sure I get what the super flawed logic is Mav? This is a Hilton Style contest. The logic behind the Hilton contest is that the picks are in early and people can see who contestants are picking before the games start. Otherwise, the picks would be due before the first game starts Sunday morning if the time they were due wasn't an issue. Bettors on this site can see what the leaders are picking and make bets accordingly as well. It's a contest to benefit the members on here as well as for people to win some money if they win the contest.

As per the Hilton Contest Rules....

8. Contestants must submit their weekly selections to the SuperBook by 11:00 am each Saturday morning, except when contestant wishes to use any game that starts before this deadline. If a contestant wishes to use any game that is scheduled to start before this deadline, their weekly selections must be submitted prior to the start of those games. Any contestant who fails to submit their weekly selections by 11:00 am Saturday will be awarded zero points that week. THIS TIME DEADLINE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
                Last edited by KazDog; 10-03-2014, 03:46 AM.
                [email protected]

Comment

Do you have the updated standings through week 4? Not sure if I missed it somewhere or not? Also, will they be posted on a regular basis? Like, every Tues?
                  --------------
                  Col FB 1-7
                  NFL 2-3

Comment

Not sure I get what the super flawed logic is Mav? This is a Hilton Style contest. The logic behind the Hilton contest is that the picks are in early and people can see who contestants are picking before the games start. Otherwise, the picks would be due before the first game starts Sunday morning if the time they were due wasn't an issue. Bettors on this site can see what the leaders are picking and make bets accordingly as well. It's a contest to benefit the members on here as well as for people to win some money if they win the contest.

As per the Hilton Contest Rules....

8. Contestants must submit their weekly selections to the SuperBook by 11:00 am each Saturday morning, except when contestant wishes to use any game that starts before this deadline. If a contestant wishes to use any game that is scheduled to start before this deadline, their weekly selections must be submitted prior to the start of those games. Any contestant who fails to submit their weekly selections by 11:00 am Saturday will be awarded zero points that week. THIS TIME DEADLINE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
                    The logic is flawed because you think people are actually coming to the weekly Hilton thread to look for who's doing well/poorly (which they would have no idea who is because there's no updated standings, usually), and making bets accordingly. That just isn't a thing that's happening.

Comment

The logic is flawed because you think people are actually coming to the weekly Hilton thread to look for who's doing well/poorly (which they would have no idea who is because there's no updated standings, usually), and making bets accordingly. That just isn't a thing that's happening.
                      Right. That's the logic. The same logic of the actual Hilton Contest. It's not super flawed. If there is someone weeks into this contest that's hitting at over a 70% clip, let's say, I will be looking at their picks and possibly betting accordingly. And I'm relatively sure others will as well. There are plenty of guys who only use this site for plays and will benefit from someone doing well in this contest. I do agree that the contest needs to be updated more regularly and that is the only thing that's flawed.
                      [email protected]

Comment

I do agree that the contest needs to be updated more regularly and that is the only thing that's flawed.
                        I really can't even tell if you're trolling or not.

Comment

I really can't even tell if you're trolling or not.
                          No. I'm not "trolling." The contest needs to be updated more regularly so people know what the standings are. Nothing I've said is trolling with regards to this contest......Not really sure if you're trolling, to be honest with you.
                          [email protected]

Comment

No. I'm not "trolling." The contest needs to be updated more regularly so people know what the standings are. Nothing I've said is trolling with regards to this contest......Not really sure if you're trolling, to be honest with you.
                            I'm not either. No point in discussing it, we just disagree I guess. Like I said when I first voiced my opinion, free contest, can't complain

Comment

Through Week #4

Through Week #4

BOBBYW63 Favorites 1-3 Dogs 3-2 PK's 0-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-10 Overall 4-16

ravenmaniac Favorites 0-4 Dogs 1-0 Missed or Posted Late 0-15 Overall 1-15

kbhirsch Favorites 4-4 Dogs 4-2 PK's 1-0 Missed or Posted Late 0-5 Overall 9-11

cjbay Favorites 4-5 Dogs 6-2 PK's 2-0 Ties 1-0 Overall 12-7-1

tdtylert Favorites 1-2 Dogs 0-1 PK's 0-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-15 Overall 1-19

longnex Favorites 6-7 Dogs 2-3 PK's 2-0 Overall 10-10

moondog22 Favorites 1-7 Dogs 1-0 PK's 0-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-10 Overall 2-18

OilCanBoyd Favorites 4-0 Dogs 4-1 PK's 1-0 Missed or Posted Late 0-10 Overall 9-11

commish55 Favorites 5-6 Dogs 6-2 Ties 1-0 Overall 11-8-1

LuckyLuch Favorites 1-1 Dogs 2-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-15 Overall 3-17

zeib10 Favorites 5-4 Dogs 4-3 PK's 3-0 Ties 1-0 Overall 12-7-1

oakas Favorites 0-3 Dogs 1-0 PK's 0-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-15 Overall 1-19

KazDog Favorites 0-1 Dogs 3-3 PK's 0-2 Missed or Posted Late 0-10 Ties 1-0 Overall 3-16-1

Kaptain Favorites 0-4 Dogs 0-0 PK's 0-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-15 Overall 0-20

mavskidd02 Favorites 0-0 Dogs 2-2 PK's 0-1 Missed or Posted Late 0-15 Overall 2-18

TKay Favorites 2-1 Dogs 2-0 Missed or Posted Late 0-5 Missed or Posted Late 0-10 Overall 4-16

StarDust Bum Favorites 1-5 Dogs 3-4 PK's 0-2 Missed or Posted Late 0-5 Overall 4-16

CheCheBoFumbe Favorites 0-3 Dogs 0-2 Missed or Posted Late 0-10 Overall 0-20

Comment

Monte you can remove me from here. One less entry to grade.

Comment

Working...
                                X