Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay for Financial Advisor?

Hi Bogleheads folks:

I recently was recommended by a former colleague about a Financial Advisor he is using (I reached to him first for recommendation).
    He is very respectful, honest, and holds VP position - so his situation is different than me - that he is in much much better financial shape than me, with various company stock options.

I did talk to the Financial Advisor from Wells Fargo, a nice guy, but I am not sure if I am comfortable with the suggested plan (not about the management fees he will charge):

- Move my Traditional IRA to IRA at his place (my current plan is to move my traditional IRA to my current 401k plan, 11% of my total retirement funds, so I have chance to do backdoor Roth in the future if needed)
    - Move my Roth IRA to Roth IRA at his place (should have no issue)
    - Move my old 401k to IRA at his place (my current plan is either stay as is, or move to my current 401k for simplicity, 48% of my total retirement funds. Also, with the suggestion, I will close the door for future backdoor Roth).

Below are my retirement funds:
    - Old 401k at ADP -- 48%
    - Current 401k at Fidelity --28%
    - Rollover IRA at Vanguard -- 11%
    - Roth IRA at Vanguard --14%
    Totaling______________100%

Do you think it worthwhile to move my old 401k, rollover IRA and roth IRA to IRA and Roth IRA at his place so he can manage the investment for me?

With a charge of 1.0 - 1.3% of total assets, do you think it worth to have a Financial advisor to manage the assets/investment for you, when you don't have much assets?

By the way, I am ~47.

Thanks for your inputs !

If you want to achieve maximum results from your business, then of course investing money in a competent financial adviser is very right.

Comment

If you want to achieve maximum results from your business, then of course investing money in a competent financial adviser is very right. However, you should be confident in the person who gives you business advice and recommendations. Look at his experience of working with other people, how the business developed after he supervised those people who approached him, etc. When I started my business, I spent several weeks looking for a good financial adviser, because I understood that it was impossible for me to succeed in my business without him.

Comment

In the beginning, the software and application from this website https://lifesofts.com/ were installed on the school computers where I work as a teacher. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on using an application, you might be able to use this site instead. The distribution is always active, so everything can be downloaded quickly, and it only takes a few minutes to install everything. I especially suggest using the video editing applications because they are very user-friendly.

Comment

Working...
        X