Johnny Football Enters Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Football Enters Rehab

Wow! Hope the young man gets the help he is after. Kudos to him for recognizing he has a problem and going to try and take care of it.

I concur.
    GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you lose you are a degenerate....If you win you are a handicapper

Comment

He didn't recognize it,he was TOLD

Comment

If he was told

It is a waste of time
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
          If he was told

It is a waste of time
          yep

Comment

As a recovering alcoholic I can tell you right now if he was told or forced to go to rehab his chances of getting clean and staying clean go way down. My wife and I run recovery meetings seven days a week and those ordered to come by drug court are far more likely to relapse multiple times the first year. Even then most never get it.

Rehab is just the beginning, you have to follow up with meetings everyday and want it (sobriety) you can't do it for someone else. Recovery has to be all about you. "I CHOOSE NOT TO DRINK TODAY" has to be your goal everyday for the rest of your life. No one is ever cured!

I wish him the best.
            Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

I was told by a therapist friend who works with people who are in recovery programs that there is a high frequency of recidivism. Sadly. Thankfully I've never gone through an addiction to anything. Not that I'm a goody two shoes, but never suffered from addiction. Knock on wood. I'm always impressed by people that can overcome and move on from an addiction. It can't be easy....

Congrats on your sobriety CheBo and that's honorable that you and your wife run those meetings to help others.....
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Thanks Kaz, the success rate is around 7 to 10 percent depending on which article your reading. We have 35 members who come on a regular basis (more than once a week) and 23 of them have achieved at least one year. Unfortunately, only 6 have stayed sober more than 2 years so far. That however, is 17 percent which we are proud of but not satisfied with. A lot of our one year people are still sober so we hope to have a bigger percentage by next year.

The really sad thing is there is really no cure. It is truly a "one day at a time" process for the rest of your life. You will never hear a true addict say I'm cured of my addiction (as seen on TV) they will always say they are a recovering addict. I've met people with as much as 17 years clean fall, but they got back up and started all over again. I'm 3 years and 4 months clean and I start everyday with this little sentence "I CHOOSE NOT TO USE TODAY" along with prayer and the tools I've learned from going to meetings I intend to stay sober the rest of my life but there are guarantees. The choice has to be yours and yours alone. To many people never get that, they say they are doing it for family, friends, or others reasons. Well I've preached to long just want to give some insight to addiction, there is just so much more than just going to rehab.
                Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

From the research I've seen

13 out of 100 people achieve long term sobriety. Long term sobriety is typically measured at 5 years, so 13% of people who enter rehab or go into AA or NA have a realistic chance of making it.

I would venture to say that those who enter rehab because of the judicial system, family pressure, or to keep their jobs, that 13% probably dips to 1%.

Staggering numbers IMO
                  Last edited by jcindaville; 02-03-2015, 02:19 PM.
                  Questions, comments, complaints:
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X