Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jameis Winston point shaving (Did he or didn't he?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jameis Winston point shaving (Did he or didn't he?)

The University of Alabama Birmingham has opened up an investigation into reports UAB defensive end Chris Rabb may have been part of a point-shaving scheme with Jameis Winston ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Here's what we know ... UAB is currently in fact-finding mode -- contacting people who may know something about the allegations to figure out if Rabb has done anything wrong.

One email, sent by a UAB official to someone involved in the story, includes a line which reads, "These allegations may affect Chris’ eligibility so it is very important that we speak as soon as possible."

The allegation in question ... Jameis tanked the 1st half of the FSU vs. Louisville game to help Rabb win a $5,000 bet.

Of course, point-shaving is illegal ... but it seems UAB is also interested to see if Rabb was gambling on college sports at all -- a huge no-no for active college athletes.

We contacted UAB for comment several times -- but the school refused to comment.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/07/jameis...#ixzz3IPhMfiWS
    Guilty
    40.00%
    Not Guilty
    60.00%

New reports have surfaced alleging Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was involved in a point shaving scheme to help an old high school teammate win a $5,000 bet.

According to the report, Winston tanked the 1st half of the FSU vs. Louisville game on October 30th ... after his buddy Chris Rabb allegedly placed a bet for Louisville to be winning at halftime.

Winston's play in the 1st half was atrocious ... and FSU was down 21-7.

FSU eventually came back and won the game -- but according to the report, the final score had no bearing on Rabb's bet.

FYI -- point shaving is illegal and punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

So far, it's unclear if law enforcement is investigating -- but we're working to find out if that's the case.
    Update_Graphic_Bar
    7:55 AM PT -- We spoke with a rep for the FBI who tells us, "We are the agency that would investigate these claims."

However, when we asked if there was an active investigation into Jameis ... the FBI told us, "I can neither confirm nor deny that we are investigating allegations of point shaving."

Comment

So Rabb bet Cards first half???

Did the Fl st defense tank first half too??
      Last edited by jcindaville; 11-07-2014, 02:50 PM.
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes, he bet Louisville plus the points first half. It makes total sense. The game was going nothing like your book said it would until the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
          Yes, he bet Louisville plus the points first half. It makes total sense. The game was going nothing like your book said it would until the second half.
          But

I was right on my dissertation!!

Fl St to the bank if you listened
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
            But

I was right on my dissertation!!

Fl St to the bank if you listened
            Call it what you want, if it's over 100 pages long and there aren't pictures, it's a book!!
            He threw 3 interceptions first half????

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
              Call it what you want, if it's over 100 pages long and there aren't pictures, it's a book!!
              He threw 3 interceptions first half????

But,

If you read the book

It was right
              [email protected]

Comment

I just go to the last page/paragraph. Life is too short.

Comment

From what we know of him and his character thus far in college?....... GUILTY

Comment

Originally posted by slappy's son View Post
                    From what we know of him and his character thus far in college?....... GUILTY
                    Exactly if you believe all the lies put out their by the media and ESPN. He was accused of rape. No charges. He stole crab legs. But lets see its too hard to imagine the truth that a young lady working the deli counter boxed them up and said here just go. That probably never happens to any athlete huh. But he was seen on cameras with it and so he was a man and took the blame. No biggie. Then he got paid for autographs. You clowns believed that one too huh. Well now that it is known that they were fakes what ya think now about his character? Now shaving points. PLEEEASEEEEE. He has never lost a game in his college career. So he is now gonna tank a first half for a friend to make 5,000 bucks with no guarantee you win the game. Laughable. Louisville had the #1 rated defense. It gave them some trouble. But after adjustments they rolled. I suppose they shave points every week. Cause they win the same way. Get informed before you attack someones character. Cause if you say that I can guarantee you are not informed of the truth.
                    SEASON RECORDS AS OF 1/24/16

NFL
                    LW 2-0 +3
                    SEAS 64-40-3 +23.05

NBA
                    LW 1-2 -2.3
                    SEAS 17-16 +6.4

NHL
                    LW 8-3 +5.85
                    SEAS 20-14 +0.35

NCAAB
                    LW 1-7 -12.1