Questions (for Monte, or whoever)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions (for Monte, or whoever)

1. What happened to Wayne, Spark and Vols? If already discussed, link me.

2. Why is the site hard to navigate now? I can't just view all the forum post page by page? If I want to go past the initial homepage, I have to go to each individual forum to see earlier posts? (ie: All-Sports, picks, etc.) If I'm wrong and you can still scroll thru all posts at once, lmk.

3. How many mods does the site really need? I don't really care, I think all the mods are good dudes. Just not sure if the amount of mods is due related to the need to keep up with monitoring the site. Or if there's now more mods than ever for a different reason. Really just curious.

4. What's to expect from this place in the near future? I'm not looking for a reason to stay- or go. I'm relatively casual now about posting, so I'm not really gonna' go out of my way to post anywhere but here. But I think in the interest of keeping site traffic and some members it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread detailing what's planned for the near future, that they can see and have a reason to sign up. (ie: we have this pool and contest at this time, we are doing this Consensus topic every week and maybe explaining it, we have this new feature or sponsor coming/lined up)
    Idk just things to give people a reason to sign up/stay. Because not to be a dick, just being real, the site is getting a lot less traffic than I've ever seen it get, and either people are leaving or just not posting as much (myself included)

Just some ? and input, mainly for Monte I guess, but anyone's input/answers is welcome.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

From page 1476 of the urgent thread Mavs.
    It's my response to a question by Robbie

Robbie and all other members and guest.

I will try and explain this to the best of my ability.

Monte from my understanding has had some pretty serious health issues which has left him unavailable to the site for the most part.
    That has basically left the site to be run by Wayne and Spark, and Spark had some very serious medical issues to contend with this past year. So that left Wayne for a pretty good period of time handling everything and he didn't get much if any communication from Monte. (From my understanding)

IMO like most long term relationships sometimes communication breaks down, thoughtfulness, appreciation, and a certain level of respect is no longer given. People begin to take advantage of one another, much like we all often do with our wives over a long period of time.

IMO when Monte began to get somewhat better physically he was made aware of the rather poor condition BC had become. I think he wanted to make some improvements to boost posting and get the site hopping again, he asked for input from some members and he decided to make 3 of us moderators in an attempt to help out around here. I believe his motives were pure but the lack of communication, the perceived disrespect and some mean words were said that unfortunately cut pretty deep.

I believe Wayne and Joe felt disrespected, not appreciated, and with the combined lack of communication they had there fill and wanted to make a change.

Robbie, it's like a marriage of 10-20 years, it doesn't happen all at once, it's a slow process and it accumulates over the years. You become disenchanted, irritated, aggravated, and finally something is done or said and you are finished.

To sum it up, it's much like that.

I didn't want to comment on this, I feel very uncomfortable doing so, but I do feel obligated to try and offer somewhat of an opinion on it when a member ask the question.

I would much prefer Monte answer this.

I will say one more thing, I want people to know the level of integrity that Wayne and Spark have shown here since their departure. They aren't in here bashing BC, Monte, or anyone else. They have made a decision, been respectful and extremely gracious considering all the years of service. I am very happy to know both of them and hope to maintain a friendship with them both.

I also want everyone to know that I will do my absolute best to make BC a fun place to be.

That's the best I can do Robbie, hope it helps answer a few of your questions
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

One more thing

It does take two to get a divorce, it's normally just not one persons doing. I am not here to point blame on Monte, or Joe & Wayne.

I used the marriage analogy because it's the closest thing that I can use to describe the split between these two long term Moderators and Monte.

I'm just as upset if not more than others that they are leaving. No matter my differences with either of them, I respect them and they bring much to the table.
      [email protected]

Comment

Both are from the urgent thread Mavs
        [email protected]

Comment

Vols is mainly not happy with Monte and the the site.

He has chosen to not post, I hope he changes his mind.
          [email protected]

Comment

Cool JC, I can't read the Urgent thread all the time, so I missed that one
            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              Cool JC, I can't read the Urgent thread all the time, so I missed that one
              I understand

Hope Monte answers some of your questions as well
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X