Source: Tigers land David Price in trade with Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: Tigers land David Price in trade with Rays

The Detroit Tigers have acquired All-Star left-hander David Price in a blockbuster three-team trade with the Tampa Bay Rays and Seattle Mariners, a source has confirmed to ESPN's Jayson Stark.

Detroit sent center fielder Austin Jackson to Seattle while Tampa Bay received left-hander Drew Smyly from the Tigers and infielder Nick Franklin from the Mariners, according to multiple reports.

Price, the American League Cy Young award winner in 2012, will join a Tigers rotation that already features Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer and Anibal Sanchez

Wow

Price, Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez?

Looking like an Oakland/Detroit ALCS to me!

Thought the Rays would get a lot more than that for Price, especially with another year left on his deal!

Comment

Verlander is washed up imo. I'd love to see my team face him in the playoffs. Of course, my team hasn't made the playoffs since 1908

Comment

I agree Verlander has not been good this year and he has a lot of money left on that deal. As a #3 though he may be alright in the postseason. Price & Scherzer are a pretty nice 1-2 though!

Comment

Bullpen for the tigers isn't good.

Starters are good, Cept gas can Verlander.
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

It should be interesting between these 2 come October. I like the A's and you are right about that JC. The A's bullpen is 100% better than Tiger's. The A's got a boost with Lester but they did lose their cleanup hitter in Cespedes. Moss and Donaldson can produce power but I am wondering how much it will affect their lineup.

Comment

Cespedes gonna hurt them, no doubt Wayne. Vogt has been mashing pretty good since the started playing him everyday. You can almost play him anywhere too.

He's got power and can hit for average. I like the A's, just hope all the new blood don't mess up the chemistry.
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X