Most Famous Person in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Famous Person in the World

Who is the most recognizable (living) person in the world?

Parameters: If you showed their face to ten randomly chosen people from each country in the world (without their 'get-up') who would be named by the most people. This would be, for example- a player without his/her sports jersey, a leader without his/her suit and tie or robe and hat, etc.

Also if anyone has seen any interesting articles/polls on this let me know.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Queen of England

Comment

Muhhamad Ali
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Oprah
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

In their "Get up" = The Pope
          Dead = Michael Jackson
          Alive = Very tough. People like George Clooney, Bill Clinton and Barbara Walters come to mind because most people in the World have seen them somewhere. Without their "Get Up" makes it really tough.

Comment

Was having this discussion this weekend, Obama seemed to be the consensus between most people. I think before he died MJ would have rivaled almost anyone. There was also some discussion that it could be a huge soccer player like Messi or Beckham, just because of the hugeness of the sport worldwide. Someone thought it would have to be someone well known in the Asian part of the world, just because the better part of the population is in Inida/China.

The Queen was brought up, but who knows what the Queen looks like? Maybe it's just the American in us, but I have no idea the Queen's recongnizability in the rest of the world.

As for pop culture, I really don't think any major TV/movie figure could outweigh our President, or even sports figures or people in the music business.

I really do think it's Obama myself.
            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I thought of Obama but if you put jeans and a t shirt on him and have him walk alone in a M all in say (Whatever Country), do you think everyone would know him? I really don't. I seriously think George Clooney would have a crowd gather way quicker than Obama would. He has fans go crazy in every Country when he shows up. I also think Clinton has a more distinct face and with his traveling all over the world doing charity work, I would put him before Obama too (JMO).

Comment

Obama, because he's President and everything surrounding him.

Good to see you post Mavs

Comment

Working...
                X