Cubs trade Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel to the Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs trade Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel to the Oakland Athletics

The Chicago Cubs have traded Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel to the Oakland Athletics for Dan Straily, Addison Russell, Billy McKinney and a player to be named later, a high-ranking source with one of the two clubs told ESPN Insider Keith Law.

Fucking Cubs!

A's had the Best Era before the trade. That may have punched their ticket to the WS!

Comment

Don't concede the Series to the A's just yet Wayne. Big difference in pitching in the NL as opposed to the A.L. Case in point Jason Hammel. Last year he was with the Orioles and in 23 starts he was 7-8 with a 4.97 ERA. He was so ineffective that the orioles stopped using him as a starter the last 5-6 weeks of the season. He signs with the Cubs this year and goes 7-5 with a 2.98 ERA. Case in point # 2 is Jake Arietta. Last year with the Orioles he had a 7.23 ERA before being traded to the Cubs. This year he look like the second coming of Felix Hernandez with a 5-1 record and a 1.81 ERA. Don't be surprised if Hammel and Samardzija see their ERA's going up quite a bit the second half of the year.

Comment

You may be right but I would take those 2 in a heartbeat in place of the A's 4-5 rotation guys now.

Comment

I think the big grab in that trade was Samardzija anyway. I don't care what his record is because the Cubs suck and they rarely scored runs for him. He can be a hell of a pitcher and they have him for this year and next!

Comment

The Cubs will have a ton of bats in 2016. Their farm system is loaded and about 2 years away.
            Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

They are the Cubs. Something will go wrong!

Comment

Working...
              X