No announcement yet.

Is Everyone Right about Johnny Manziel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Everyone Right about Johnny Manziel?

There are a ton of words you could use to portray Johnny Manziel on and off the field. Ron Jaworski said he wouldn't take Manziel in the initial three rounds of the NFL draft.

He likewise could be on the slope of turning into the best quarterback in the NFL. The fact of the matter is nobody truly recognizes what's set to happen to Johnny Football. It's difficult to contend with the outcomes he got on the field throughout his playing time at Texas A&m. It's difficult to contend with his Heisman Trophy either. Similarly challenging to invalidate is his affinity for celebrating and Scooby Doo ensembles.

The certainty of it is, Manziel is sporadic in every part of his life. That is the thing that makes him an incredible quarterback and its likewise what makes him an extremely unsafe draft prospect. You simply don't know what you're set to get. That cross segment could give any number of bits of knowledge into the kind of player Manziel is or will be in the NFL.

If Jaworski took a gander at Manziel's execution in the first 50% of the Chick-fil-A Bowl against Duke, the Texas A&m quarterback may not even be acknowledged draftable. Any individual who stuck around for the second 50% of that diversion might have different arguments regarding Manziel's performance. He may sum up to simply being a third or fourth round backup quarterback in the NFL. He additionally could be a legend ready to take shape.

In the same meeting which Switzer called Manziel a prick he additionally said that he was the best quarterback he's seen.

I have never seen a quarterback in college football… control the game and put up the numbers he does," Switzer said.

Nobody knows. A 40-yard-dash won't let you know whether Manziel is a certain thing, and not, one or the other will the extent of his hands, or his absence of stature. The NFL draft is constructed around best speculations and computed danger. A NFL general manager and your friend who has possessed NFL Sunday Tickets since 1994 have the same shot at pegging Manziel right. He's a draft pick gamble.

I like the kid.I think he is a winner.He's cocky,and people don't like that,but my gut says he will be good in the NFL.I would take him over Bridgwater any day.

Comment

Tebow was a great college QB also.I see a lot of On field similarities between the 2.Off the field they could not be any more different.With Tebow you knew what u were getting.A winner and a leader on the field and a popular person that will bring merchandise sales to the top 5 in the league.Tebow was a popular figure in the city and community charities. I really think Johnny Football will turn into a Tebow type football player with nothing else to bring to his team.
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I see zero comparison between Manziel and Tebow. Manziel can throw the ball and Tebow can't. Tebow has one of the worst looking passes I have ever seen by a QB. He won at Florida with a short passing game, running and defense. None of which equated to the NFL. Tebow was a bull running, Johnny is electric. Yet another BIG difference. Tebow had NO swagger, Johnny has plenty. The only thing they have in common is the Heisman Trophy. I would take Johnny in a heartbeat and take my chances!

Comment

Wayne, we will agree to disagree about Tebow. Tebow is not a better passer than Manziel. However, he has that "it" factor and all that he does is win. Remember if you take the first year with the Broncos, he had more playoff wins than Manning.

Enough of Tebow...The thing about Manziel that I love is that his teammates love him. Dude is probably an ass but everyone says he works his butt off and his teammates respect that. I love what he wore to the combine! The challenge is that nowadays, most teams shy away from any potential problems, especially a top draft pick. I think he will be solid but may get beat up a bit if he continues to scramble all of the time, which is his strength. As you are well aware, scrambling in college is much different than the NFL.

This is a deep QB draft but I do not see anyone being a Superstar of the NFL. If I had to pick the 1 potential superstar of the bunch it would be Johnny Football.
          Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

zeib, Tebow sucks ass. He is not an NFL QB and if he was he would be on a team but he can't even find a 3rd string job. He sucked ass in his lone playoff win too. Look at the numbers. He threw one 8 yard pass that Thomas took 80 yards to the house. They were in that game because of defense and certainly not because Tebow did anything. I have NEVER seen an NFL QB throw worse passes in the League than that guy. Even in practice he constantly threw balls at receivers feet or 5 yards to the left or right on a 10 yard pattern. Absolutely AWFUL!

He has "It" off the field but he certainly, no doubt, doesn't have it on the field!
            Last edited by wayne1218; 03-29-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Manziel will never survive in the NFL doing what makes him exciting. I don't see his game translating at all to the NFL

Comment

That's old school thinking BW. These new age QB's are doing just fine in the game. Cam, Colin and even the 5'11 Russell. Johnny will fit right in!

Comment

And if guys like Manuel and Geno Smith have a place in this game, Manziel certainly does too because he is better than both of them!

Comment

Yea I'd definitely take him over Manuel and Smith, I think those two are worthless, but he's no Cam, aphelion won't be able to take a hit like Cam. RG3 tried running in the NFL and that didn't workout. Kaep didn't run barely at all during the regular season this year. I don't doubt Manziel can succeed in the NFL if he doesn't get hurt, but he will get hurt playing the way he plays, so it's a mute point.

Comment

Working...
                    X