For my curiosity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my curiosity...

Wanted to know what everyone's most profitable sport is in terms of betting. Do you do best at MLB, NFL, NCCAF, etc...? And not necessarily what you profit over a season but more so what sport you can pick winners. We all know MLB has tons more games than the NFL and if you do slightly worse at MLB you can still end up with a much higher profit due to number of games. Anyhow, I was just curious of this because this is the first year that I have been trying to keep up with betting daily rather than when I feel like it. I killed it in the NFL, did real well in the first couple months of NBA, then fell off as of late. NCCAB is a crapshoot for me too. For the sake of discussion and to maybe have somebody learn something here; please respond folks!

Mine is College Football. In my opinion because style points mean a lot, teams dont let up. I make a killing on Team Total overs. On the other end of the spectrum, I dont even waste my time with the NBA until playoff time...

Comment

Yeah football is hands down best for me. Key numbers work in favor of the public as well. I'm just stumped by NCAAB...but I know I can hit 55%+ on NBA..I was hitting around 60% for a good bit but then went into a funk.....almost like I started doing something different, which happens time to time. NBA has a lot of garbage attached to betting it but that is a ton of games to pass up my friend!

Comment

I don't do sports wagering regularly any more for a variety of reasons. Baseball, however, was my most profitable sport over the course of a season. I bet dogs, totals and no favorites over about -125. One can actually hit less than 50% of his games and still turn a profit. Last few seasons I bet baseball, I'd hit about 51 or 52% betting dogs and totals and turn a profit. If you bet a -200 ML favorite in baseball and miss you have to hit two bets to make up for the one bet. No future in that imho. Handicapping baseball is such a grind though. Takes a lot of time.

Comment

I used to very good at MLB back in the 90's and now not so much. It's a pitching issue I believe as I was pitcher and that's how I capped my games back in the day. Pitching so thin with so many guys that wouldn't even be in the pros if they had more talent. Guess that's why the Yankees blew so much cash.

NFL I had a decent season. Usually up in units, but % is either slightly below 50% or slightly above 50%. So, yes I make bigger wagers depending on the game.

CBB has been pretty good for me so far.

NHL don't know anything might take a look, but it would be a crap shoot.
          NBA same as NHL, but I think I will start posting on these.
          College Football usually a decent season.

One thing to do is keep accurate records like actually writing them down in a Journal and use notes on how you pick games etc. Can only make you better, plus you learn your weaknesses and strengths. Thus, this allows you play a particular sport more heavily.

Comment

Thanks for the responses fellas..yeah Garth, I never bet faves straight up in any sport unless the juice is minimal

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
              I used to very good at MLB back in the 90's and now not so much. It's a pitching issue I believe as I was pitcher and that's how I capped my games back in the day. Pitching so thin with so many guys that wouldn't even be in the pros if they had more talent. Guess that's why the Yankees blew so much cash.

NFL I had a decent season. Usually up in units, but % is either slightly below 50% or slightly above 50%. So, yes I make bigger wagers depending on the game.

CBB has been pretty good for me so far.

NHL don't know anything might take a look, but it would be a crap shoot.
              NBA same as NHL, but I think I will start posting on these.
              College Football usually a decent season.

One thing to do is keep accurate records like actually writing them down in a Journal and use notes on how you pick games etc. Can only make you better, plus you learn your weaknesses and strengths. Thus, this allows you play a particular sport more heavily.

I did jot down what kind of bets I was winning and losing but haven't actually noted exactly how I'm betting and/or why I'm making my picks. I just kind of do it naturally. I just really want to get basketball down again..I hit near 60% on 100+ bets and then started to get busy with other stuff and I lost my mojo!

Comment

Working...
              X