Baylor/Pickens State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor/Pickens State

FWIW, I have a feeling that Baylor's dream season crashes down this weekend in Stillwater. Baylor is such a good team and I bow down to Art Briles and the Baylor Administration for what they've done to take that program to a high level. It's getting to nut-cuttin' time now, though, with a tough late-November road game against a quality opponent, gameday in town, etc. This is uncharted territory for the once-lowly Bears. I hope if I am wrong that they get a chance to play in the big game in January.

I sure wish the 4-team playoff format started this year. At this point in the season it looks like it would be a perfect set-up this year.

The other observation on the game relates to the weather forecast. The north wind is supposed to be whipping across the southern plains at about 700 mph. Boone Pickens stadium is weird in that it's oriented east-west so that cold north wind could be a factor. Think under also.

Comment

This does have the makings for a baylor loss indeed. But I thought that when they faced oklahoma they would be affected mentally just because it was oklahoma and thatd be that hump that baylor couldnt get over. Then I thought the texas tech game might be a letdown game because of all of the exposure and hype that came after the oklahoma game. They rose above and beyond for those occasions when they probably should have at least been tested in one or the other. Oklahoma state is a different beast and playing in stillwater it has bad news written all over it for baylor for obvious reasons. Its easy to say the small team that has never done it before is bound to lose but damn they have looked so good. The only reason im a believer in them this weekend is because of their defense. They arentjust a scoring team. This defense tackles well and they swarm the ball as fast as anyone. Im with you though...its a perfect setup for an "upset" but im rooting for them 100%. They better be undefeated so I can tailgate there for the UT game!

Comment

Agree

Comment

Originally posted by weston555 View Post
          This does have the makings for a baylor loss indeed. But I thought that when they faced oklahoma they would be affected mentally just because it was oklahoma and thatd be that hump that baylor couldnt get over. Then I thought the texas tech game might be a letdown game because of all of the exposure and hype that came after the oklahoma game. They rose above and beyond for those occasions when they probably should have at least been tested in one or the other. Oklahoma state is a different beast and playing in stillwater it has bad news written all over it for baylor for obvious reasons. Its easy to say the small team that has never done it before is bound to lose but damn they have looked so good. The only reason im a believer in them this weekend is because of their defense. They arentjust a scoring team. This defense tackles well and they swarm the ball as fast as anyone. Im with you though...its a perfect setup for an "upset" but im rooting for them 100%. They better be undefeated so I can tailgate there for the UT game!
          Unfortunately, for us OU fans they got over the that hump in 2011. I was there in Waco that year. OU was 20-0 against Baylor until RGIII broke our hearts with that last-second TD pass.

and btw, Weston, if you go to Waco for the UT game, don't try to get a cab on game day. We tried to do the responsible thing and leave our car at the hotel when we went to the bar to tailgate. I think they have one cab in the whole city.

Comment

Haha yeah waco is a weird place altogether

Comment

forgot to say, Weston, I agree with you about Baylor's defense. They play some tough D in addition to having a stupid good offense.

Comment

Indeed indeed

Comment

Working...
                X