breaking: Big LAD Pitching Change, Kershaw for Nolasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking: Big LAD Pitching Change, Kershaw for Nolasco

It looks like Mattingly is making a last minute change of pitchers for tonight's game against Atlanta. Kershaw instead of Ricky Nolasco. If true, Dodgers likely to be favored by as much as -225.

I understand the move. His best chance of winning the series is a clinch tonite, not game 5 on road in Atl

Thanks for the update. Has he ever pitched on short rest?
    "He beat me... Straight up... Pay him... Pay that man his money."

Comment

Per Jason Stark on Twitter: Never started on short rest.
      "He beat me... Straight up... Pay him... Pay that man his money."

Comment

-230 at my offshore
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

I still cant believe the Braves are pitching Freddy Garcia. That dudes gonna be sweating bullets by the 2nd inning.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            I still cant believe the Braves are pitching Freddy Garcia. That dudes gonna be sweating bullets by the 2nd inning.
            Exactly why I'm questioning the call to bring in Kershaw on short rest. Freddy will be serving them up on a platter imo.

Comment

In my opinion this is a stupid decision by Mattingly.In a game 5 with normal rest the Braves were not beating Kershaw.Not in Atlanta,Not in Los Angeles, Not even in Disneyworld.Kershaw is NASTY and they had the series won.With Nolasco pitching tonight Dodgers would have been favored in both games.I saw -160 tonight and would have been at least -170 in a game 5 in Atlanta with Kershaw pitching.Let's say Kershaw loses a little confidence knowing this is his first careear start on short rest.If Atlanta wins tonight Braves would be favored Sunday.Really makes no sense when Nolasco was a -160 favorite u are putting all your eggs in one basket.Although its a Huge Huge basket.
              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Nolasco has been bad recently, I'm sure thats the main reason. I think Kershaw will pitch fine on 3 days rest, but it may effect him in the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                  Nolasco has been bad recently, I'm sure thats the main reason. I think Kershaw will pitch fine on 3 days rest, but it may effect him in the next round.
                  I would rather have Kershaw on regular rest in gm 5 on the road. Nolasco vs Garcia is still advantage Dodgers IMO but now if Atl. some how gets the win tonight, you throw Nolasco on the road in gm 5? I don't like it plus Kershaw threw 124 pitches in his last start ... 124!!!

I understand doing this if you are down 2-1 but not winning, NO WAY. Even if the Dodgers win tonight, they could really fuck Kershaw up!

Comment

No they'd throw Greinke, I believe he'd be fully rested too

Comment

Well that would make more sense but I still think it is a risk pitching Kershaw on 3 days rest after he threw 124 in his last outing. That could bite them in the ass in the NLCS!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                        I would rather have Kershaw on regular rest in gm 5 on the road. Nolasco vs Garcia is still advantage Dodgers IMO but now if Atl. some how gets the win tonight, you throw Nolasco on the road in gm 5? I don't like it plus Kershaw threw 124 pitches in his last start ... 124!!!

I understand doing this if you are down 2-1 but not winning, NO WAY. Even if the Dodgers win tonight, they could really fuck Kershaw up!
                        I said the same thing not really a smart move.Atlanta would not beat Kershaw on normal restThis is the only chance the Braves had to win this series.
                        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                        X