Anquan Boldin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anquan Boldin

This baffles me. Why in the world would Baltimore just let this guy go for a measly 6th round draft pick. 6th Round????

1. He wanted to stay in Baltimore badly

2. He makes only 6 million this year which is not a bad contract at all and Baltimore is almost 3.5 million under the cap. They couldn't figure out a way to make it work? Seriously?

3. The WR Depth in Baltimore is horrible with Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones (Now Hurt). Marlon Brown and Brandon Stolely.

4. He is an absolute STUD. His 4 postseason games last year ...

Indy 5 rec 145 yds 1 TD
    Denver 6 rec 71 yds
    N.E. 5 rec 60 yds 2 TD's
    SB vs S.F. 6 rec 104 yds 1 TD

1st game this year 13 rec 208 yds 1 TD

Honest to god, this may be the 2nd worst trade in NFL History behind the Herschel Walker trade.

My only answer is this. Did the Harbaugh brothers agree that the winner of the SB would give the other a great player as a consolation prize? It sounds crazy but wtf else would it be? That trade made NO SENSE then and it makes even less sense now!

PLEASE!!!

I agree! He looked like a top 5 player yesterday!

Comment

I love Boldin kb. I have wanted this guy in N.E. since he left Arizona. Who wouldn't want him!

Comment

Here is the deal. They never wanted to trade him but the Ravens were up against the salary cap. This was the last year of his contract and he was scheduled to count $7.5 million against the cap. The Ravens asked Boldin if he would restructure his contract and he said no so Ozzie Newsome decided to trade him and use the cap savings to sign some free agents for the defense like Canty and Huff, after all their defense was not a typical Raven's defense last year. The thought was they would move Pitta, who is Flacco's favorite target, to the outside to replace Boldin, hoping they could get similar production out of him that they got out of Boldin last year (about 60-70 catches. Problem was Pitta broke his hip the second day of camp and the Ravens look like a..holes. It was a business decision similar to the Pats letting Wes Welker walk away
        Last edited by ravenmaniac; 09-09-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

A. They signed several guys in the offseason. Figuring out how to keep his salary would not have been that tough considering they are already 3 1/2 million UNDER the cap

B. New England replaced Welker with a very similar slot receiver making the same money and he is a younger version of Wes (Amendola). Baltimore never replaced Boldin.

C. If you are going to trade him, you certainly don't do it for a shit ass 6th round pick. Not considering the numbers he puts up.

D. One year left on the contract? Who cares, develop a guy behind him this year or worry about that next season.

E. Pitta made a living from the TE position. If you tried moving him outside he gets different coverage and now you have nobody at TE to replace Pitta's numbers. How would that have solved it?

None of those reasons change my opinion on this deal one bit and the fact he gave him to his brothers team for NOTHING just stinks out loud to me. We knew all of the above raven and it still makes no sense. It just doesn't. He was a stud in that offense and his numbers proved it, especially when it counted. If I was a Baltimore fan, I would be pissed. Ozzie may be a great GM but he fucked this one up royally!

Comment

I don't think any Raven fan was happy about the trade. Of all the moves they made that was the one that made me say WTF. Ozzie Newsome has had more hits than misses in his career but this one was a major miss. The Ravens generally don't hesitate to get rid of veterans who they think are on the downside of their career. In Boldin's 3 years with the Ravens he averaged 62 catches a year and 875 yards, not exactly All Pro numbers. I guess Ozzie didn't think that kind of production was worth $7.5 million. Two years ago he traded for Lee Evans, which looked like a decent deal, until Evans dropped a sure TD that would have sent the Ravens to the Super Bowl instead of New England. Win some, lose some. No sense in dwelling on what could or should have been.

Comment

So funny. They are talking about this on the radio today and a couple national guys have tweeted about it. Word is there is no doubt this was a handshake deal over a family BBQ to get boldin to San fran for virtually nothing.

Comment

Boldin against the Seahawks, 1 catch for 7 yards. That is why the Ravens traded him. This was closer to the norm when he was in Baltimore than the 13 receptions for 213 yards he had last week.

Comment

Please raven. Richard Sherman is the best corner in football. Who hasn't he shut down? Gauging any wide receiver in this league based on 1 game vs Sherman is laughable!

Comment

Kaepernick was 13-28 for 127 yards with 0 TD's and 3 picks. I guess based on last night he sucks too right raven? You ever think that maybe the QB having an awful night under pressure led to a bad night for all the receivers?

Comment

Your the one who started this thread, trying to make it look like Boldin was the second coming of Jerry Rice after 1 game. You wanted to make the Ravens look like asses for trading him. All I am saying is maybe last night wasn't the real Boldin but neither was last week. The problem with Boldin is that he is tough as nails but when he played against good corners he disappeared. Couldn't get separation. Maybe the QB had an awful night last night because Boldin couldn't get open. During the 3 years he played for the Ravens he averaged 62 catches for 880 yards per year. Do the math and it averages out to 3.8 catches per game and 55 yards per game. The guy who replaced Boldin, Marlon Brown has 8 catches for 110 yards in his first 2 games or an average of 4 catches and 55 yards per game. Seems very similar to what Boldin did in his 3 years. I would still rather have Boldin but this is why Ozzie Newsome wanted him to take a pay cut and when he didn't he got rid of him because he thought he could get similar production for a lot less money.

Comment

I started this thread after one game raven yes, I also added in every postseason game from last year too. I also never once compared him to jerry rice. If you want to debate it, debate it but don't be ignorant about it.

Comment

That's like me saying the patriots made the right move letting welker go cuz he only had 3 catches and 39 yards yesterday. We could use welker and you certainly could use boldin so no, I'm not gonna take the ignorant path and say that.

Comment

Do you even watch football raven cuz based on your comments today it's pretty obvious you didn't watch last nights!

Comment

You didn't compare him to Jerry Rice but saying this may be the second worse trade of all time is about as idiotic of a statement I have ever heard. Yea trading a 33 year old receiver who averaged 4 catches and 55 yards a year for a 6th round pick is the second worse trade of all time. How about the Falcons trading Brett Favre to Green Bay or the Colts trading Elway to Denver for Chris Hinton and some draft picks. And your calling me ignorant. Your a funny guy Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X