MLB suspends Ryan Braun for rest of season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB suspends Ryan Braun for rest of season

Ryan Braun has been suspended without pay for the remainder of the season for violating MLB's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
    The first big shoe to drop in the Biogenesis investigation, Braun has agreed to accept the suspension and will not appeal. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes," said Braun. "I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." That Braun didn't appeal doesn't exactly bode well for some of the other players involved, though this is a lost year for the Brewers. Braun will end up missing 65 games and is projected to lose around $3.4 million in salary.

Braun clearly cut a deal. I suspect all of the others will now have to take a deal. baseball got them dead to rights.

I think this explains why A-Rod is not coming back as scheduled tonite. look for his deal to come out any time now.

kudos to baseball for belatedly cracking down on this

Comment

I actually disagree, even with all that evidence, they don't have a positive test. I think most of the players listed will appeal, especially guys like Bartolo Colon, who would probably retire next year anyways. Nelson Cruz is an interesting case, because he's a free agent at years end, if he appeals, his suspension could be looming next year which would screw him on a new contract, but if he admits guilt his contract is gonna be lower no matter what. Also he play the last 15 games of the season and playoffs if he takes 50 right now. ARod is just a total disaster, who knows what he'll do. All we know for sure is that body has begun the post roids completely fall apart faze, so it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
      X