Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP(calcutta auction)....wayne, spark, RIP, all ourgreat members!!(too many to name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP(calcutta auction)....wayne, spark, RIP, all ourgreat members!!(too many to name)

Great day all. Seeing we have the best cappers on the net, I am looking for your "professional" help (i know thought funny also) . I go to a calcutta auction every year, should pass 90,000 this year. I have done much homework but appreciate the work everyone does on this great site. Can I get a couple possible champions and or sleepers. I break even usually, buying a couple smaller clubs (1500) taking a flier, but this year looking to grab a few more teams and a possible winner even.
    Last year's, four #4 seeds about 9700, #3 seeds 15000, #2 seeds 21500, #1 seeds 26000. Just a sample of some money. Have full rules but didnt know how to attach to post.

Thanks to everyone now and always!! GREAT job on the site mods!!

PEACE
    Shipper

crap i dont understand at all sorry cant help ya buddy
    rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jmarty6969 View Post
      crap i dont understand at all sorry cant help ya buddy
      Me either. I've read it like 3 times and i'm still not sure what it is about? lol

Sorry ship

Comment

A calcutta is an auction ( of teams entered ) not all teams will get taken... you get a room full of gamblers and start a bidding process... the highest bidder get the first pick of his choice..( to win place or show )... the bidding goes on till every valid team is taken or until no one wants to bid anymore...all the money goes into 1 pot...usually its a 60-30-10 payout...the bidding usually stops after all the top 1-6 seeds are taken...i hope this helps

Comment

i guess in a final four the payout would be slighty different since there is no 3rd place team...maybe final four... 60-20-10-10...each tourny/sport is different depending on brackets or double elim.

Comment

I think I understand since I used to get in one in Chicago with some friends of mine years ago. You buy a team and the payouts become larger the further your team goes in the tourney. Example a middle seed 10, 9, 8 could only cost several hundred dollars but a number 1, 2, or 3 seed would cost thousands. With a good high seed you could make a lot of money or at least break even if they win just a couple of games. The 1, 2, and 3 had better get in the final four or your dead because you have paid thousands for them. Also you don't make as much on your return because of the cost.

I may not be right or did not explain in very well but I tried.
            Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

Originally posted by CheCheBoFumbe View Post
              I think I understand since I used to get in one in Chicago with some friends of mine years ago. You buy a team and the payouts become larger the further your team goes in the tourney. Example a middle seed 10, 9, 8 could only cost several hundred dollars but a number 1, 2, or 3 seed would cost thousands. With a good high seed you could make a lot of money or at least break even if they win just a couple of games. The 1, 2, and 3 had better get in the final four or your dead because you have paid thousands for them. Also you don't make as much on your return because of the cost.

I may not be right or did not explain in very well but I tried.

about right che che...you can buy more than 1 team if you choose..it helps to know what kind of money is in the room..hopefully you catch a room full of fishes...lol more money in the pot!

Comment

Originally posted by tash View Post
                the bidding usually stops after all the top 1-6 seeds are taken...i hope this helps
                why aren't people taking $20 flyers on higher seeds and hoping for george mason-esque runs if it's at 100:1+ odds?

Just wondering, there's probably a valid reason I'm overlooking or don't completely understand the auction.
                "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                  why aren't people taking $20 flyers on higher seeds and hoping for george mason-esque runs if it's at 100:1+ odds?

Just wondering, there's probably a valid reason I'm overlooking or don't completely understand the auction.
                  some poeple do to choose that...its not 100:1 thou...it depends on whats in the pot...thats why it a crapshoot...fun as hell though...alot of poeple do take flyers at the end of the auction after all the top seeds have been taken... G.M was a perfect example of what could happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Shiprec View Post
                    Great day all. Seeing we have the best cappers on the net, I am looking for your "professional" help (i know thought funny also) . I go to a calcutta auction every year, should pass 90,000 this year. I have done much homework but appreciate the work everyone does on this great site. Can I get a couple possible champions and or sleepers. I break even usually, buying a couple smaller clubs (1500) taking a flier, but this year looking to grab a few more teams and a possible winner even.
                    Last year's, four #4 seeds about 9700, #3 seeds 15000, #2 seeds 21500, #1 seeds 26000. Just a sample of some money. Have full rules but didnt know how to attach to post.

PEACE
                    Shipper

im no world beater by any means...

EAST--SYRACUSE-ILLINOIS

WEST--OHIO ST

MIDW--MICH ST

SOUTH--S.D STATE

GOOD LUCK SHIP!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiprec View Post

PEACE
                      Shipper
                      You actually win money doing this? Seems like a long shot to me.

Calcutta auction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                        You actually win money doing this? Seems like a long shot to me.

Calcutta auction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        what you think. Seriously...

Sell the site bro

Comment

You guys should see the calcutta when its time for the Masters. Trust me, $90,000 is just the tip of the iceberg. It is absolutely insane. I've seen Tiger go for $45,000....and he won that year. It's a cool experience.

Comment

Working...
                          X