Mt. Rushmore of Sports (New York)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
    Tom Seaver is the greatest Met and that just shows you that the Mets suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Seaver was awesome but he played for 4 teams and I think in a few years David Wright will be the greatest Met.

Steinbrenner almost ruined them for a 10 year period and wasnt even allowed in the baseball operations for a few years. Would you rather have a statue of Kraft or Brady.
    As a Mets fan Seaver was the only player I could think of. But not Rushmore status.
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Ruth
      Gehrig
      Jackie Robinson
      Secretariat
      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Did you forget that Buffalo was part of NY ?? And though people forget that Long Island is part of NY also, Bossy has sooooooooo many accomplishments and would have had more baring injury....I think only person to have 50 goals first 8 or 9 years as a pro ?? Also 4 cups and almost 5 ??????? Friggin monster numbers !!!! Incredible player and why I play wearing the #22 to this day !!!!!

Comment

Babe Ruth
          Joe Namath
          Walt Frazier
          Mickey Mantle

Comment

3rdmckid I dont understand what your mentioning Buffalo has anything to do with the list????

As far as Bossy, who cares is what you will hear when it comes to him around here.

Hockey is the 4rth most popular sport in NY and the Islanders are the 2nd most popular hockey team in the city so just because he was a great player and you like him he isnt going to be in the top 10 of any NY icon list. Islanders cant even sell out any home games unless they are against the Rangers so how many votes would the guy get.

Comment

Here is the list, at the bar I asked close to 40-50 guys there opinion on NY sports icon and everyone of them said Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle, the third most was pretty close between Joe Namath , Joe Dimaggio and Lou Gehrig so thats the top 5 and after that it was Lawrence Taylor Mark Messier and Walt Frazier.

For the 10 girls or woman I asked they all said Mickey Mantle most of them said Babe Ruth and Joe Namath and after that it was Derek Jeter , Eli Manning and Mark Messier.

Comment

Well I guess I was right on with mantle and way off with jeter. I still say LT would be there if it wasnt for his recent troubles. Normally shit off the field doesn't mean as much but it does when it is with a minor IMO.

Comment

1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Derek Jeter
                  3. The Boss
                  4. The other boss, Parcells
                  5. Tim Raines

My added wing
                  1. A Rod
                  2. Chuck "I can't throw from 2nd to 1st" Knoblouch
                  3. Amare
                  4. Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan's wife showing the tat

By far the toughest as you could list 10 Yankees on here but I narrowed it down to the best 2 and added the icons of George and Bill.
                  Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Babe Ruth
                    Lou Gehrig
                    Joe DiMaggio
                    Mickey Mantle

You can make a case for Reggie Jackson as well and Yogi Bera.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post

Babe Ruth
                      Lou Gehrig
                      Joe DiMaggio
                      Mickey Mantle
                      agree

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                      X