Dale Jr. has own brand of chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Jr. has own brand of chips

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. now has his own brand of potato chips.

NASCAR's most popular driver has formed Dale Jr. Foods through a partnership with Minnesota-based snack company KLN Family Brands, which produces Barrel O' Fun snacks.

The company will produce four Dale Jr. flavored chips -- Carolina Barbecue, Crispy Original, Creole and Green Onion, and Zesty Jalapeno.

"I like the Jalapenos the best," Earnhardt said during Friday's test at Daytona International Speedway. "I thought I'd like the barbecue best."

The business venture is the latest for a driver who already owns a Nationwide Series team and a chain of bars called Whisky River.

"We've been working on this deal for a while," Earnhardt said of the chips. "I didn't expect it to get that much attention. Everybody I know ... is wanting bags of chips now. I'll bring some in here as soon as we get a truckload."

Earnhardt's chips will be distributed nationally even though Barrel O' Fun snacks are found predominantly in the Midwest.

Earnhardt made it clear Friday that his priority in 2013 is winning a Sprint Cup title that his father won seven times, not producing chips.

"We have an opportunity," he said. "Our time is now."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Can't wait til these get on the shelves here. Love some jalepeno chips

Comment

Comment

[Chorus]
              I, I love you like a love song, baby

And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Its good he can sell chips,cause he aint gonna win a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                  Slow news day .....

Comment

Working...
                  X