No players elected to Baseball HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No players elected to Baseball HOF

NEW YORK – Steroid-tainted stars Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa have been denied entry to baseball's Hall of Fame with voters failing to elect any candidates for only the second time in four decades.

Bonds received just 36.2 percent of the vote, Clemens 37.6 and Sosa 12.5 in totals announced Wednesday by the Hall and the Baseball Writers' Association of America. They were appearing on the ballot for the first time and have up to 14 more years to make it to Cooperstown.

Craig Biggio, 20th on the career list with 3,060 hits, topped the 37 candidates with 68.2 percent of the 569 ballots, 39 shy of the 75 percent needed. Among other first-year eligibles, Mike Piazza received 57.8 percent and Curt Schilling 38.8

Jack Morris led holdovers with 67.7 percent. He will make his final ballot appearance next year, when Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine are eligible for the first time

Would have liked to see Biggio in but glad to see the roiders kept out

Comment

I'm kind of a Jack Morris fan. Won game 7 of the World Series after pitching 10 scoreless innings for the Twins in 1991 against some team from down south.....can't remember who.............But nobody remembers who came in second do they??????

Comment

My favorite player of all time is Rock Raines. Strange from a Phillies fan but he was the man. Not sure how the voters left him out. Compare some of his numbers against Henderson's and you will find that they are somewhat similar.

Not sure I understand what these voters look at.
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
          I'm kind of a Jack Morris fan. Won game 7 of the World Series after pitching 10 scoreless innings for the Twins in 1991 against some team from down south.....can't remember who.............But nobody remembers who came in second do they??????
          Gary Anderson will be my only response!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
            Gary Anderson will be my only response!!!!!
            Good response, but I think you ended up second that year too!!!

Comment

I agree with the former commissioner 100% on this on:

Former Baseball Commissioner -- here's how I would change the Hall of Fame | Fox News

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                Good response, but I think you ended up second that year too!!!
                Yep we did. Braves in 1995 is the only year this city got to celebrate. That's why it's so huge for the Falcons to win it all. Braves let us down every year and Hawks won't never win it all. Falcons is all we got bubba!!!

Comment

If you don't let the alleged Roiders in, no one in that era should get in. You don't know whose clean. Everyone thought Arod was clean until his cousin slipped up. Pujols trainers name was in the biggest HGH Dealers contact book, but The MLB swept that under the carpet to maintain a supposed clean Superstar.Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be in regardless. They are 2 All time Greats, and the Hall is full of Players with questionable morals and acts of deceit. The Hall has lost credibility letting to many players in that don't belong, and being hypocritical as far as conduct of the Players...Who cares about the Hall of Fame in Baseball anymore, its a joke (IMO)

Comment

Working...
                  X