Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 point guards to ever play the game of basketball!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 point guards to ever play the game of basketball!!

1. Isiah Thomas

2. Magic Johnson

3. Chris Paul (no ring)

4. Rajon Rondo (fucking stud)

5. John Stockton (no ring)

That's my top 5 fill free to weigh in!!!!!!

Isaih #1

Comment

Magic #1
      John Stockton
      Steve Nash have to be on list

Comment

You already know I'm gonna say isiah is number 1 so let's just stop there!!!!!!! The real meaning of this post really is does Rajon Rondo belong there????????? I think he does I just love watching him play from start to finish , just unbelievable the shit he does for being as small as he is!!!!!!!!

Comment

Top 5 now:
          1. Paul
          2.Rondo
          3.Rose
          4.Nash
          5. Parker

Top 5 all time(I'm 36 so in my time)

1. Magic
          2. Stockton
          3.Isiah
          4.Kidd
          5.Gary Payton

Comment

Hate to tell you but the NBA wasn't formed in 1985. My 5 top pGs

1. Magic, hands down
            2. The Big O. Dude averaged 25 points, 9.5 assists and 7.5 rebounds for his career. He also averaged a triple double for the entire 61-62 season
            3. Stockton
            4. Isiah
            5. Walt Frazier. Led the Knicks from 67-80. he was one smooth ballhandler and scorer.

Comment

IDK about the order but I'll take these

Tragic
              The Glove
              Stockton
              Isiah Thompson
              Frazier
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by CashMoney View Post
                You already know I'm gonna say isiah is number 1 so let's just stop there!!!!!!! The real meaning of this post really is does Rajon Rondo belong there????????? I think he does I just love watching him play from start to finish , just unbelievable the shit he does for being as small as he is!!!!!!!!

So your list is based on a former hometown player and a player you love to watch...anyway, I didn't get to see the guys back in the day so it'd be unfair for me to make a list....but I do love watching Rondo play. Favorite PG today

Comment

Originally posted by weston555 View Post
                  So your list is based on a former hometown player and a player you love to watch...anyway, I didn't get to see the guys back in the day so it'd be unfair for me to make a list....but I do love watching Rondo play. Favorite PG today
                  Do like I did man. Post the best guys of your time watching NBA. No way can I argue with someone based on a guy I never seen. It's all about the people we watched. I'm sure Gary Payton isn't in the top 10 of all time but I did my list based on me starting to really follow NBA about 1988.

Comment

I know Magic Johnson is #1

After that, you can pick the order but i like

John Stockton
                    Bob Cousy (How can nobody have mentioned him? 6x Titles,12x All NBA,13x All Star)
                    Oscar Robertson
                    Isiah Thomas

Comment

Mine are based on what i've heard about them, seen myself and their accomplishments!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                        Mine are based on what i've heard about them, seen myself and their accomplishments!!!
                        Me and a guy in his 60's argue all the time. He says Dick Butkis is best linebacker ever and IMO it's Ray Lewis. I heard Butkis was good but I can't put him in Rays leauge just cause IMO the game has changed. Butkis didn't have to cover 4.4 speed guys on routs like Lewis does. Just a matter of seeing it with your own eyes I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                          Me and a guy in his 60's argue all the time. He says Dick Butkis is best linebacker ever and IMO it's Ray Lewis. I heard Butkis was good but I can't put him in Rays leauge just cause IMO the game has changed. Butkis didn't have to cover 4.4 speed guys on routs like Lewis does. Just a matter of seeing it with your own eyes I guess.
                          No but Butkus didn't have the luxury of personal trainers, massage therapists, personal chefs, private jets and the much better equipment worn today either. Much more difficult conditions in his day and still, look how great he was.

All you can do IMO is gauge them on how dominant they were in the era they played and that's what i did.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            No but Butkus didn't have the luxury of personal trainers, massage therapists, personal chefs, private jets and the much better equipment worn today either. Much more difficult conditions in his day and still, look how great he was.

All you can do IMO is gauge them on how dominant they were in the era they played and that's what i did.
                            Oh I agree about equipment and all the advantages they have. But I'm sure guys 20 years from now will have better shoes and jump higher but they will never here me say Jordan isn't #1 of all time. Guess that's why this is called all sports discussion instead of all sports debate. We all see things different.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                              Do like I did man. Post the best guys of your time watching NBA. No way can I argue with someone based on a guy I never seen. It's all about the people we watched. I'm sure Gary Payton isn't in the top 10 of all time but I did my list based on me starting to really follow NBA about 1988.
                              Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like you can't make a list based off people you haven't seen or whatever. For me personally though, I can't. I don't pay enough attention to the guys that played way back. Loved Gary Payton's game too.....I would think Jason Kidd would fall on the list of players within the past 20 years or so (if not all-time). A lot of people forget how good he was in his prime

Comment

Working...
                              X