Can I get a little FFB advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a little FFB advice please

We drafted early so I got Ryan Matthews. He is out week 1. I got Forte as the other back.

Who would you start in Matthews place?

Rashad Jennings
    Donald Brown
    Isaac Redman
    Toby Gerhardt

Does it matter what anyone says? If they say player A, you are just going to argue player B instead.

Comment

........ and for the record, that is a pretty easy one for me.

Comment

Just tell me your opinion, I said please. I was excited about Jennings, but the MJD news yesterday.

Jennings and Gerhardt are predicted 9
        Redman and Brown 8

So it doesnt seem so cut and dry to me.

Comment

Jennings has been my pick, but his predicted score in week 1 has dropped from 11 to 9 in 2 days. Gerhardt is actually predicted 9.46 and Jennings 9.04. I am no rankings slave, but it got closer now.

Comment

Need more information...
            How many teams in your league? What does your waiver wire look like? PPR? 50/50 or 60/40?

Without giving any extra info I'll assume 50/50 with .5 PPR and a 12 team league so your waiver wire is pretty thin...

According to a service I use...Isaac Redman is the play but he's only the 30th back on the board.

Ultimately it depends on what you think. If Peterson is healthy Gerhart is going to max out at 15 touches and still likely be the best back out of all of them.

Jennings is hurt by MJD ending his holdout. Of all the backs that have ever heldout I trust Mojo the most to come back healthy and in shape and not have a drop off. Jennings probably maxes out at 10 touches (but may still have value in later weeks IF MJD gets hurt or has poor early production)

I don't trust Redman. The Steelers have not been a great running team the last few years and I'm worried about their line. Redman may surprise but I'm going to doubt it.

The safe play is Donald Brown. There is no other back on the team to take away carriesif he has a bad day. He catches the ball well and had a great string of games last year when they allowed him to be the #1 guy.

So what does all this mean???

The safe play is Donald Brown.
            The high upside play is Gerhart.
            I would take my chances with one of those two backs because your options are thin on the waiver wire and trading this early is probably out of the question.
            No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Just 10 team league no PPR. I drafted pretty good IMO with backup RBs.

Comment

I have 2 plans for you.

#1 Look to see if your league offers points for return yardage if so use a lot of guys like Leon Washington,Stefan Logan ,Lamichael James, and if not taken already Darren Sproles but he is probably taken.

#2 Of those 4 listed I would take Toby Gerhaedt first then Jennings.

Jaquizz Rodgers has been getting a lot of talk here in Atlanta about maybe getting half the carries but not sure if its worth starting him on a chance.
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I could add Evan Royster, who Wash just named starter. So it is not completely thin.

Comment

10 team no PPR. I may look to see if a feature back gets hurt later in the week and you can make a waiver snipe then. Sometimes you can pick up a guy that will take 5-10 extra touches simply by having the guy ahead of him sprain an ankle.

Biding that I would play Gerhart then since it's a non-PPR league.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinalot View Post
                      I could add Evan Royster, who Wash just named starter. So it is not completely thin.
                      Stay away from Royster! I'm not going to get into it but let someone else waste that roster spot.

Comment

I am starting to lean towards Toby G.

Comment

Stupid MJD lol. Jennings was projected to do really good 1st 2 weeks.

Comment

Thx Toby it is. Locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                              Stay away from Royster! I'm not going to get into it but let someone else waste that roster spot.
                              I agree they will probably be behind and Throwing the ball 25-35 times don't see him being an option either.
                              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                              X