3 SEC Coaches on the "HOT SEAT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 SEC Coaches on the "HOT SEAT"

After six consecutive national championships, it’s clear that the SEC is the top conference in college football.

One of the primary reasons is the level of coaching that exists in the conference. The big names, huge contracts and crystal footballs have brought a level of pressure to the SEC that didn’t exist a decade ago.

This season, Dan Mullen (Miss St), Joker Phillips (Ky), and Derek Dooley (Tenn--hottest spot) top the list of SEC coaches on the hot seat..........

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
    After six consecutive national championships, it’s clear that the SEC is the top conference in college football.

One of the primary reasons is the level of coaching that exists in the conference. The big names, huge contracts and crystal footballs have brought a level of pressure to the SEC that didn’t exist a decade ago.

This season, Dan Mullen (Miss St), Joker Phillips (Ky), and Derek Dooley (Tenn--hottest spot) top the list of SEC coaches on the hot seat..........

I would add Bobby Petrino to the list for off the field issues.

Joker is safe for another couple of seasons, UK fan will be on cloud 9 for 2 years celebrating the basketball championship
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
      I would add Bobby Petrino to the list for off the field issues.

Joker is safe for another couple of seasons, UK fan will be on cloud 9 for 2 years celebrating the basketball championship
      Petrino is a real class act. I hope he gets canned before the season starts. The guy is nothing but a first rate liar and cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
        Petrino is a real class act. I hope he gets canned before the season starts. The guy is nothing but a first rate liar and cheat.
        I couldn't agree more
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Yeah if Dooley dont get 8-9+ wins. He is gone. Talk about pressure for him. Im so tired of losing.

Comment

Tennessee's fans are the problem. You can't build continuity with constant change and chasing the "hot" coach.

Philip Fulmer was one of the winningest coaches in the sport for over a decade but had a few average years. Mistake #1: fire him

They then were crazy enough to hire a guy who was never going to stay long, Lane Kiffin. Mistake #2.

They then chase all sorts of big name coaches, most of whom knew the problem at Tennessee is unrealistic expectations. All say no. They hire Dooley from a small mediocre school. Mistake #3.

Now, Dooley shows modest signs of progress and they're ready to can him for another coach with a totally different sytem. Mistake #4.

In college football, it takes even outstanding coaches a couple of years unless they inherit a loaded program filled with top recruits from the predecessor (Michigan this year where Hoke won with Rich-Rod's players).

Kentucky is the opposite story. Hiring Joker Phillips was idiotic. He was part of Rich Brooks' weak program. There was no reason to think he'd improve on it. I am convinced Kentucky alumni are so basketball-crazy they'll never spend the money to get a real coach.

As for Petrino, Arkansas will have to decide if they want a winner or a saint. Petrino's a winner. If Arkansas fires him, watch for this whole thing to come full-circle and have Tennessee hire him

Comment

Dooley gets his 3rd year this year. I mean Tennessee isnt going to give him 10 years. He has to do good. Last year Tennessee didnt make a bowl and lost to UK for the first time in 25 years. The year before Dooley went 6-7 losing to UNC in a bowl.

Comment

Working...
              X