Gronkowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronkowski

Gronkowski has been diagnosed with having a high ankle sprain and is in a walking boot. Unlikely he practices all week. I know he's a tough guy and he is insisting he will play but I have read 3 separate interviews with orthopedic doctors who have all said that if he has a high ankle sprain they would be very surprised if he plays and be even more surprised if he played effectively regardless of whether he gets shot up or not. I even read yesterday that he may need surgery after the SB to repair the damage. I know I am stating the obvious but that will be a major loss for the Pats.

He came back and played in the same game he hurt it in vs baltimore. He will be fine. He walked off the plane briskly yesterday with zero visible limp or problem. Unless a doctor speaks that has examined him, they have no clue because every injury and body is different.

Comment

I think he definitely plays. How effective he is, is a different story.
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        He came back and played in the same game he hurt it in vs baltimore. He will be fine. He walked off the plane briskly yesterday with zero visible limp or problem. Unless a doctor speaks that has examined him, they have no clue because every injury and body is different.
        O.K. Dr. Wayne. If he was fine he wouldn't have been in a walking boot.You say doctors have no clue who haven't examined him then you comment that he will be fine I throw stuff out for information purposes so that people can use it as they please but you always want to debate things. Anyone who saw his ankle get bent under his body knows he sustained a severe ankle sprain. Any doctor will tell you that it is easier to go back in immediately after such an injury because often times it takes 24-48 hours for the full swelling and inflamation to occur. If he doesn't practice this week that to me is an indicator since he also didn't practice last week. He very well may suit up but with all the running and cutting a receiver needs to do there is now way he is going to be as effective as if the injury didn't occur.That's my opinion and the opinion of a lot of doctors. We saw what happened to Big Ben after he hurt his ankle and the same with Pouncey. Ben was ineffective and all he had to do was stand back there and throw the ball. Pouncey couldn't play with his bad ankle this year or in last years Super Bowl and all he had to do was drive block not run and catch like Gronkowski.

Comment

I know it will affect his game. To what extent will be his tolerance for pain but even that will be tested or he will show the affects of it...limp, gimp...knowing Pats, they'll play it off, use him as decoy or use him a lot based on it not being as bad as it looked. Either way Giants must prepare for both scenarios.
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
            O.K. Dr. Wayne. If he was fine he wouldn't have been in a walking boot.You say doctors have no clue who haven't examined him then you comment that he will be fine I throw stuff out for information purposes so that people can use it as they please but you always want to debate things. Anyone who saw his ankle get bent under his body knows he sustained a severe ankle sprain. Any doctor will tell you that it is easier to go back in immediately after such an injury because often times it takes 24-48 hours for the full swelling and inflamation to occur. If he doesn't practice this week that to me is an indicator since he also didn't practice last week. He very well may suit up but with all the running and cutting a receiver needs to do there is now way he is going to be as effective as if the injury didn't occur.That's my opinion and the opinion of a lot of doctors. We saw what happened to Big Ben after he hurt his ankle and the same with Pouncey. Ben was ineffective and all he had to do was stand back there and throw the ball. Pouncey couldn't play with his bad ankle this year or in last years Super Bowl and all he had to do was drive block not run and catch like Gronkowski.
            Dr Wayne? Hey raven, all i did was give my own opinion, just like you did. If you don't like it, go fuck yourself or don't post a thread in a talk forum for all to discuss.

My comment had zero bad intent towards you or anybody else. It was simply my opinion. If you are going to respond in an asshole way, you will receive asshole replies to it too.

Comment

you always want to debate things.
              You were simply repeating things that you, I, and everybody else here already knew. Nothing you said was a news flash raven. As far as debating things goes. When you post a thread on a talk fuckin forum in "All Sports DISCUSSION", expect replies and don't be a douche when you get one that disagrees with yours. My reply wasn't a shot at anybody but you made sure that yours was.

Comment

Dr Wayne? Hey raven, all i did was give my own opinion, just like you did. If you don't like it, go fuck yourself or don't post a thread in a talk forum for all to discuss.

My comment had zero bad intent towards you or anybody else. It was simply my opinion. If you are going to respond in an asshole way, you will receive asshole replies to it too.
                Your a real classy guy Wayne. Your another one who can't make a response without it being insulting or droping an f bomb on someone. So I will respond in a similar manner and do me a favor and save us both some aggrevation, just stay out of my thread.

Comment

I also wonder if the Pats arent sandbagging on his status.In my opinion,NE needs all hands on deck.If he's ineffective,I think they're in trouble.Yeah,Hernandez is good,but their receivers dont strike fear in no one.Their runnin game dont scare anyone.
                  On a side note,its easier playing the day you got hurt,than later.I fucked my knee up in college and came back in and played.2 weeks later I had surgery.

Comment

You were simply repeating things that you, I, and everybody else here already knew. Nothing you said was a news flash raven. As far as debating things goes. When you post a thread on a talk fuckin forum in "All Sports DISCUSSION", expect replies and don't be a douche when you get one that disagrees with yours. My reply wasn't a shot at anybody but you made sure that yours was.
                    If I wanted to take a shot at you I would have done it like you do and said, Fuck you Wayne what the fuck do you know you douche bag piece of shit.

Comment

maniac, I hardly ever get in the middle of this type of stuff but you are so way off base here. Please read Wayne's post again. What did he say wrong? This is a talk forum and that's what's lacking on this site in my opinion. People do not want to speak up because they may get blasted the way you blasted Wayne. I honestly do not know why you said what you did.

Comment

Your a real classy guy Wayne. Your another one who can't make a response without it being insulting or droping an f bomb on someone. So I will respond in a similar manner and do me a favor and save us both some aggrevation, just stay out of my thread.
                        Your smart ass stupid response brought mine on and nothing more. Stay out of your threads? None of these threads are owned by you so get a clue and a life.
                        Last edited by wayne1218; 01-30-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Country 5 View Post
                          I also wonder if the Pats arent sandbagging on his status.In my opinion,NE needs all hands on deck.If he's ineffective,I think they're in trouble.Yeah,Hernandez is good,but their receivers dont strike fear in no one.Their runnin game dont scare anyone.
                          On a side note,its easier playing the day you got hurt,than later.I fucked my knee up in college and came back in and played.2 weeks later I had surgery.
                          and they won't say anything. Nobody and i mean nobody knows what he will be like come Sunday. Several players have missed practices for both teams. Nobody is at 100% this time of year. Gronk will in no way be 100% but many others won't be in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                            maniac, I hardly ever get in the middle of this type of stuff but you are so way off base here. Please read Wayne's post again. What did he say wrong? This is a talk forum and that's what's lacking on this site in my opinion. People do not want to speak up because they may get blasted the way you blasted Wayne. I honestly do not know why you said what you did.
                            I don't get it either. I simply gave a opinion based on things i too have heard and when i saw his response, i couldn't fuckin believe it and flipped my lid back at him.

There is a ton of truth to what many say about why they don't post here.

Comment

I'm having trouble finding a way that N.E. can win this game. Is it impossible? No ... but i have trouble believing they will.

Comment

Working...
                              X