Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk PlayOff's

Got a hunch bet a bunch ....

Anyone have a good feel on this weekends matchups ?

I'd like to get ahead of the curve BEFORE the lines move.
    Having said that.... I'd like to take NYG (+9) .... I think the line will go higher, prolly 10 0r even 10 1/2 . Giants looked good against Cowboys (Romo sucked that game) and of course had an impressive game against the Falcons . Ahh, but the little voice sez what about the 49-24 beating in the Saints game !
    Maybe the O/U 52 1/2 is the way to go. But, the oddsmakers have the uncanny ability to hit very close to "THE" number ... Leading some to say (certainly NOT on this Board) that the NFL is Fixed
    Just sayin'........

IF you have a Big Opinion on ANY of the P/O Games ... tell us what ya' got. Meaning anyone OTHER THAN Dimer or Monte.

gl
    Last edited by Ldawg; 01-10-2012, 02:10 PM.

I think my Giants are a good bet. I see them losing in heartbreaking fashion in that game. GB has no D and Giants got their shit together in every facet.

Also I doubt the line goes up. Its dropped to GB -8 already on Scoresandodds already.
    Last edited by Letswinalot; 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Just to follow up on the NFL fixed theme (or any major sport)....
      I mean come on .... you're talking about a $$Hundred Big B Billion$$ dollars being wagered . I know that ALL the Athletes playing today are just Pillars of Integrity (Michael Vick, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Allen Iverson, Randy Moss and who could forget Pete Rose all had legal problems) but do you honestly think that there is not a "Guido" out there placing phone calls suggesting that maybe Playa "A" doesn't complete that catch that hits him right between the numbers or Playa B may not be able to make that easy lay up ! Come on, we're talking America here boys and girls . You've seen this happen in games that you have wound up on the wrong side of ... haven't you ?JMO

NFL Football
      Illegal wagers: $80-$100 billion

It's no surprise football is at the top of the illegal gambling heap according to professional sports handicapper and gambling strategy author Wayne Allyn Root.

"There's no coincidence that the No. 1 sport to watch is the No. 1 sport to bet on," the founder & CEO of WinningEDGE.com says. "The betting literally drives the viewership, and the heavy betting on football is driven by the fact that it's on television. They are synergistic. And what drives all of it? The pointspread. Without the pointspread, no one is betting or watching.

Comment

Guess I'm about the only one w/an opinion on this GAME
        As of Thursday line had not MOVED at my book

Comment

I love the 9ers this weekend! Wait for the line to go up then pound that pussy

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            Pound it like KimChee

Comment

Pack -7
              Houston +8
              Saints -3 Buy the hook on all three games

I dont see the Ravens having enough offense against the Houston D to be favored by 8 points in this game. I like the Ravens to advance but by less than a TD

Once upon a time in the NFL you won Championships with a stout Defense and a strong running game. You still win football games with this recipe but you dont win championshiips in the NFL without stellar QB play right now. Game is changing, and Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers are making it happen. ITS ALL ABOUT THE QB!!
              So, i will gladly take Brees over Alex Smith all day long, not to mention I like that Saint D, it might not be as good as San Fran, but it is good enough to get it done here.

No way in hell am i going to take Eli Manning in a huge game on the road in the playoffs.... Yes, I know he once led his team to the Super Bowl and won it. Guess what, I once boned a chick who was easily a 9 on most guys boner scales but that dont mean i will ever get to do that again. Like I said before, all about great QB play and Rodgers is well rested, tested, and he is sizing up his next championship ring!!

Eli wakes up and realizes he is Eli, he gets picked 3 times and sacked twice and looks like the shit QB he really is.

Those are my thoughts

Leave the Denver game alone, I will never forgive Tebow for Tebowing me and my Steelers directly in my rump!!
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Packers are gonna steamroll NY IMO. Packers are gonna come in with a chip on their shoulder. They are the defending champs and all I have heard this week is how this Giant team reminds everyone of the 2007 team. I think they want to show everyone who is the top dog. I also think the death of their OC's son will have them jacked up more than normal. I heard Aaron Rodgers say he didn't know what words to say to ease Philbin's pain. He said they just want to go out and play their best and win it for him. Packers all the way.

Comment

Thanks 'Ville and Ravdawg ... that's wha' I'm talkin' 'bout... some No Bull Shit opinions !!

Comment

I wouldn't touch the NO/SF game on any level. I know proababl;y as much about the Saints as anybody (been a lifelong fan), and I;m worried about this afternoon. Ona neutral field (preferably turf), the Saints will win this probably 4 times out of 5, but this is in SF on long, wet grass. We (the Saints) went outside five times this year and whether it's a mental thing or what, I don't know. Waht I do know is that the last four times NO has done this, we've average 22 ppg versus the season average of more than ten more than that...and those four were against unpowerhouse D's...TB, Carolina, Jax, and Ten. Can't explain it, but we can't seem to get into our normal rhythm outside...and NOBODY has the hosses to take away NOs primary game "opener" (the Grahaminator) except SF with defensive beast P. Willis. Will be pulling hard for the halos, but wouldn't put a dime on the game.

My BEST pick of the weekend though is Gints at the Pack. I firmly believe this will be a track meet and wouldn't be surprised if the total doesn't come somewhere close to 70. I love the over. I look for over 700 yards passing and if ARod is even a little bit rusty not having thrown a live pass in three weeks, my second best pick is Eli and the points. Don't think there will be more than a handful of punts...Eli playing much better lately and has all of his receivers healthy...GB hasn't really been able to stop the pass game all year...and the Pack, well, they have ARod, Jennings (back), Jordy, and Jermichael (who I look to have a BIG game). GL to everyone and if next week is NYG @ NO, I wouldn't take the Blue Guys unless I am getting at least 13...NO DOES know how to run it up on Claiborne Street.

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78 View Post
                      I wouldn't touch the NO/SF game on any level. I know proababl;y as much about the Saints as anybody (been a lifelong fan), and I;m worried about this afternoon. Ona neutral field (preferably turf), the Saints will win this probably 4 times out of 5, but this is in SF on long, wet grass. We (the Saints) went outside five times this year and whether it's a mental thing or what, I don't know. Waht I do know is that the last four times NO has done this, we've average 22 ppg versus the season average of more than ten more than that...and those four were against unpowerhouse D's...TB, Carolina, Jax, and Ten. Can't explain it, but we can't seem to get into our normal rhythm outside...and NOBODY has the hosses to take away NOs primary game "opener" (the Grahaminator) except SF with defensive beast P. Willis. Will be pulling hard for the halos, but wouldn't put a dime on the game.

My BEST pick of the weekend though is Gints at the Pack. I firmly believe this will be a track meet and wouldn't be surprised if the total doesn't come somewhere close to 70. I love the over. I look for over 700 yards passing and if ARod is even a little bit rusty not having thrown a live pass in three weeks, my second best pick is Eli and the points. Don't think there will be more than a handful of punts...Eli playing much better lately and has all of his receivers healthy...GB hasn't really been able to stop the pass game all year...and the Pack, well, they have ARod, Jennings (back), Jordy, and Jermichael (who I look to have a BIG game). GL to everyone and if next week is NYG @ NO, I wouldn't take the Blue Guys unless I am getting at least 13...NO DOES know how to run it up on Claiborne Street.
                      Thanks Um ... like the total play .... sounds like KimChee
                      9ers/Saints has me worried as well and I'm going w/the 9ers (Homer play)
                      BOL

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                        Was hoping that KB would post in Members picks so I could Junk up HIS thread

Gunna try these Props ...

Tied at Half ... SF wins in Reg +2200
                        Tied at Half ... NO wins in Reg +1577
                        SF wins X 1-6 pts... +463
                        SF wins X 7-12 pts ... +600

Comment

I like a 3 team 10 pt teaser with

NO
                          NE
                          OVER NE myself......

the Hook in NO game worries me, plus the Saints on Grass.....

13 1/2 with the Defense NE has, is too much IMO......think they'll both score, think NE will prevail, but don't think they cover the 13 1/2, if they do, it'll be close IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                            I like a 3 team 10 pt teaser with

NO
                            NE
                            OVER NE myself......

the Hook in NO game worries me, plus the Saints on Grass.....

13 1/2 with the Defense NE has, is too much IMO......think they'll both score, think NE will prevail, but don't think they cover the 13 1/2, if they do, it'll be close IMO
                            Thanks Kapt ... Wow 9ers off to surprising start !!

Comment

Case in point ....

Originally posted by Ldawg View Post
                              Just to follow up on the NFL fixed theme (or any major sport)....
                              I mean come on .... you're talking about a $$Hundred Big B Billion$$ dollars being wagered . I know that ALL the Athletes playing today are just Pillars of Integrity (Michael Vick, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Allen Iverson, Randy Moss and who could forget Pete Rose all had legal problems) do you honestly think that there is not a "Guido" out there placing phone calls suggesting that maybe Playa "A" doesn't complete that catch that hits him right between the numbers or Playa B may not be able to make that easy lay up ! Come on, we're talking America here boys and girls . You've seen this happen in games that you have wound up on the wrong side of ... haven't you ?JMO
                              Guido had the fvckin' phone lines lit up in Green Bay this week. Conversation went something like this ... "Don Corlione needs you to go out on your Home field and look STUPID, Capisce ? "
                              Last edited by Ldawg; 01-15-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X