Bama/LSU lowest ever BCS title rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bama/LSU lowest ever BCS title rating

In it's 14 year history last night was the worst. 13.8 overnight rating. Previous low was 14.3 for Miami/Nebraska in 2002

I guess that's another reason why we need a playoff. BCS has got to do the right thing now!!!!

Comment

I agree about needing a playoff. One thing that hurt the national championship game this year is the fact that it was a re-match. Would have been higher ratings had Ok. State played. However something that really hurts the BCS title game is the length of time between the last game of the year and the title game. It takes almost 6 weeks for the title game to be played. Except for die hard fans of the two schools involved, everyone else loses interest in the game. It would be like playing the AFC/NFC title games on January 22 and not playing the super bowl until March 9. They ought to go to a playoff system and do away with these meaningless bowl games. Other than gamblers like us who gives a fuck about Northern Illinois playing Arkansas State in the Clusterfuck Bowl.

Comment

I think the squares bet on LSU and over and cut the TV off early. You know the guys that just bet the big games like the SB.

Cuz I had Bama and that was a fine game to watch for me. I should have pressed it 2nd half too.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
          I agree about needing a playoff. One thing that hurt the national championship game this year is the fact that it was a re-match. Would have been higher ratings had Ok. State played. However something that really hurts the BCS title game is the length of time between the last game of the year and the title game. It takes almost 6 weeks for the title game to be played. Except for die hard fans of the two schools involved, everyone else loses interest in the game. It would be like playing the AFC/NFC title games on January 22 and not playing the super bowl until March 9. They ought to go to a playoff system and do away with these meaningless bowl games. Other than gamblers like us who gives a fuck about Northern Illinois playing Arkansas State in the Clusterfuck Bowl.
          Good point Raven. It takes way to long for them to get to the championship game. It seems like forever waiting on that week off before the Super Bowl

Comment

I think they should keep all the bowl games that way degenerates like us can still bet on them. let most of the others besides the 8 teams who qualify for playoff play in shitty bowl games.

Have an 8 team playoff.

have 8 conferences with 16teams each (128teams total). 2 divisions per conference 8 in each division.
            Division winners play in conf championship winner makes the 8 team playoff

11 game regular season
            8 conf games 3 non conference per team

only 8 teams will be playing 13games in a season.

only 4 teams will be playing 14games in a season.

only 2 teams will be playing 15games in a season.

so lets review

11 regular season games
            1 conference championship game
            1 first round game
            1 semi final game
            1 championship game

11+1+1+1+1= 15 total games if you were 1 of 2 teams in finals.

Note LSU was 13-1 this year only 1 less game than my proposal.

In addition if you wanted to incorporate the big bowl games you have 7 total games in playoffs and you could take each of the 7 top bowl sites ie sugar,rose fiesta and have them each host a playoff game. Rotate the bowls and every year a different bowl site would host the National championship game.

Someone forward this to the people at the NCAA and they can get my email address from spark so i can get royalties.
            Last edited by 10DimeBry; 01-10-2012, 08:42 PM.
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Most everyone has wanted a playoff situation for a long time and I don't see that happening any time soon. The only way it happens is if the fans, universities etc, get together and put pressure on the NCAA committee. And if they can make more money.

Comment

Working...
              X