Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox sign Danks for 5 years, $65 million

White Sox sign Danks for 5 years, $65 million
    Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago White Sox have agreed to terms with pitcher John Danks on a five-year, $65 million contract.

The club announced the deal Thursday, ensuring the left-handed starter will stay in Chicago for the long term. He has spent his entire major league career with the White Sox.

He went 8-12 with a 4.33 earned run average in 27 starts last season, with two complete games (one shutout). While his ERA was higher than any of his previous three seasons, Danks maintained a strong strikeout-to-walk ratio. He fanned 135 and walked 46 in 170 1/3 innings.

Danks has made 150 starts in five seasons for the White Sox, posting a 54-56 record and 4.03 ERA. He has struck out 714 and walked 300.

He went 8-12 with a 4.33 earned run average in 27 starts last season, with two complete games and they are going to pay him $65 million for 5 years.

Are you kidding me???

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
      He went 8-12 with a 4.33 earned run average in 27 starts last season, with two complete games and they are going to pay him $65 million for 5 years.

Are you kidding me???
      Yeah, it's over paid. He's shown signs of being able to be better than he has pitched. I think the reason for the signing is he's a lefty and someone else would have picked him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post

Are you kidding me???
        What a joke

Comment

Working...
        X