Bedlam 'rivalry'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedlam 'rivalry'

82-17-7 (OU)...that's not really a rivalry. It's ownership.

Pokes should win it this year. If not this year, when? They're better on offense and special teams than the Sooners and their defense has been serviceable.

Sooners play without their best offensive player (Broyles). Sooners offense is a totally different unit without Broyles. Their best defensive player (Ronnell Lewis) is banged up and may or may not play. Offensive line is banged up. Their best RB (Whaley) is out. Their safeties are frequently seen running down the field chasing a receiver to the endzone when they play against a good QB like Weeden.

When the total opened at 78, I thought the under was a good play. May still be at 71. Sooners should try and get their running game going with Finch and Brandon Williams, both of whom played well recently. They'll want to try and keep Weeden and Blackmon off the field and could have some success running the ball against OSU. that is if the O-line has any balls today.

Rain is supposed to have moved out by game time. Temps will be in the 40s with a 10-12 mph north wind. Boone Pickens stadium is a funky east-west field.

All that said, the Pickens State aggies often find a way to lose to the Sooners. Pressure's on the pokes to try and win their first ever big 12 title and BCS bowl bid. They've had two weeks to prepare, though, and Gundy has a pretty good coaching staff.

Prediction: 38-31 Pokes. Hope I'm wrong.

gl pal

Comment

GL Garth...

Comment

wow OU sucks.

they were never in this game. Not even for 1 snap. Out coached out played out classed
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

What an embarrassing, pathetic performance by the Sooners (coaches and players).

Congrats to the Cowboys and their fans on the big 12 championship and first-ever BCS bid. I really don't know why they shouldn't get a shot at the championship...probably won't but I'm just saying.

Comment

and one last word...wherever OU plays in the bowl game...betting against them would be my advice. They won't give a shit and may be in the midst of some kind of transition.

Comment

Embarrassing and pathetic showing. Yikes

Comment

Ok state fans acted like idiots. 13 injured and two of them critical. Dumbass kids!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                  Ok state fans acted like idiots. 13 injured and two of them critical. Dumbass kids!!!!
                  Wow.
                  13 hurt when fans storm the field at Oklahoma State | NewsOK.com

Comment

I have been critical of Stoops and his "demi-god" status, I really think he showed his stripes this year.

Lost control of a team that was to be a number 1 type squad, schemed very poorly offensively (qb running for his life, 5 turnovers), schemed poorly defensively by a defensive "genius" (495 yards, 2 100 yard rushers, Blackmon with 10 catches!), the list goes on and on.

As I have said, the apologists will come out in his support once again, but this "rivalry' was he kind that a hammer has with a nail. Ok, lets say OSU is good, I am not buying it but as I have been told "they" say so. Fine. But this game was never close, never in doubt.

I really love the storied history of this program, and hope it goes back to the top where it belongs, but with Stoops at the helm, dont see it.

But I am sure as Oklahoma heads to the Alamo bowl and takes on a vaunted Washington team and wins by three scroes that it will save Stoops.
                    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Working...
                    X